Shooting for 900hp.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
My first experence with him in 2007.
I show up to an appointment his ol'lady is running the front desk. Maybe I have a nice face but she starts talking to me and some how we talk about bus taxes and Danny walks in at that point and gets kind of huffy-puffy at me like I brought up his bis. I didn't but whatever. So that deal was quick charged me like 4-500 bucks to fix and wrap a wire the was burning on the exhaust manifold.

so 2 years ago I bring in a 350z with a 5.3 swap TT with a holley hp. Cause he is the only tuner I could find. I didn't want to deal with him but kind of had to.

So car is there after I made a appointment it sat for 2-3 months while danny face-booked putting rims on cars and whatnot. till my friend posted a couple comments on how there is a car there for 2-3 months but he can post rims swaps.

So he starts to " work " on my car. Mind you the car was wired and running. not that good but it was running, tha's why I want hit to tune it. So he goes and changes out all my boost lines changes out the factory power/neg on the holley, which is acquit.

So he gives me a call and says he put his " tune " in it and he can't figure out while it's still running like crap. He charges me 2 thounds dollars and the car is in the same condition it was when I brought it there. I am beyound pissed. I pay him the 2k get my car back. and in a night I had found the problem is what a faulty crank sensor.

I then put all the boost lines I had back on. And brought it to a guy named Russ Lupinek in east bethel.. And in 5 minutes the car was running so much better I asked Russ what he did. He says all he did was lower the fuel. and he said that was all they was messed with in the system. So danny's tune was just throwing fuel at it..

I should have went with my gut with my first interaction with Danny.. lesson learned.

twcbitten

Established Member
SUbbed. Get er done already OP!
Trying... 2 builds in the works, 1 child who is now 2 and another on the way. Lots to balance and not a lot of time. Also, as you can see I have dodged the "who's tuning, who's wrenching". I prefer to do my own work, however the car is 2hrs away at a shop. The project has snowballed to where it is now. It originally was to be done by 1st-2nd week of August 2017, or so I was told. It's been a rollercoaster ride of feelings. Regardless... there is finally progress and it will be done by spring if not sooner...

twcbitten

Established Member
SUbbed. Get er done already OP!
Not sure where the text went with that photo, here it is again.
Started the cobra project a little over 2yrs ago. At that time I didnt have any kids and now have one that is 2 and another on the way. Also started the coyote swap notch, Lots to balance and not a lot of time. Also, as you can see I have dodged the "who's tuning, who's wrenching". I prefer to do my own work, however the car is 2hrs away at a shop. The project has snowballed to where it is now. It originally was to be done by 1st-2nd week of August 2017, or so I was told. It's been a rollercoaster ride of feelings. Regardless... there is finally progress and it will be done by spring if not sooner...

Last edited:

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I’m confused on why your dodging who’s working on it and tuning it.. a lot of people here do a lot of their own work only to have it tuned at the end by a shop/tuner. I’m guilty of it, I do 95% of my own work but farm out the tuning. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

twcbitten

Established Member
I’m confused on why your dodging who’s working on it and tuning it.. a lot of people here do a lot of their own work only to have it tuned at the end by a shop/tuner. I’m guilty of it, I do 95% of my own work but farm out the tuning. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Had to edit, some of the text was cut from the post that you are replying to. Not ashamed at all, maybe could have worded that differently. The point I was making is that, if it were here and I was doing the work. It would be done.

Sometimes when you dont have anything nice to say, you dont say anything. The same can be said, that if you have something nice to say. Sometimes you dont say anything.

Now for the DB debate, I havent read through all of the comments entirely just yet. But I have now been on both sides of good experience and poor. The shop my car is at has been there multiple times, its the only place outside on my own shop that i trust to work on it. One time my car was down there for upgrades and I was shown another customer car that had been at DB for 1yr, then to another and then where I seen it and it was finally sorted. This is not a post to bash their business. Now that my car has been where it is for almost 2 years, im on the receiving end of a similar story by the shop I have been loyal to. The same shop that told me this story and was able to finish that car. I am somewhat embarrassed that I have allowed this to go on for as long as it has. However I also understand how hard it is for a small business such as these shops. There is no guaranteed paycheck week to week, there are no benefits and all of the responsibility also plenty of shitty customers. These shop owners also have personal lives that can blend into their work. Not making excuses for anyone's bad dealings anywhere, but it dosent always warrant a public bashing. This is why im not going to disclose who i am working with. I have had excellent work done and now im not so happy. But at the end of the day, we are moving forward and the work is quality. As for the tuner, I only have a first name and he is independent. I dont know if he has an affiliation with any other shop and therefore its not my business to put his name out there.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
To many Nay Sayers in here. Let the man play and have fun with it! I'm sure he's no rookie
That's the new attitude man. If you're not running a 2.3 VMP or anything larger than a 2.9 Whipple, bandwagon fanboys start flapping their gums...sad thing is it's all regurgitated internet B.S...Use the stock caged lower, ARP 2000 head studs...take your necessary precautions, and have fun!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

twcbitten

Established Member
Little update, I havent seen my car since last febuary and communication has been poor at best. However, significant progress has finally been made. It's coming together. Fuel system upgrades are on the way and I have made arrangements to see It in the next week or two.

Fuel system is getting upgraded again. Twin 525lph pumps, id1300x, fc3, pressure switch. Car will be tuned primarily for E98 with an option of E85.

Also went to kooks 1 7/8", 3" header, 3" X, 3" magnaflow.

Picked up a whipple 3.5" upper pulley. Dropped it at the machine shop for an ultra grip treatment.

Also updated the thermostat and ordered all fluids, shouldnt be long now. I'll be pushing hard for it to be done soon too as we are expecting another baby in April. This will not go on past march....

I will update this again with photos, next week or the week after. Pending a meet and I can see it.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Little update, I havent seen my car since last febuary and communication has been poor at best. However, significant progress has finally been made. It's coming together. Fuel system upgrades are on the way and I have made arrangements to see It in the next week or two.

Fuel system is getting upgraded again. Twin 525lph pumps, id1300x, fc3, pressure switch. Car will be tuned primarily for E98 with an option of E85.

Picked up a whipple 3.5" upper pulley. Dropped it at the machine shop for an ultra grip treatment.

Also updated the thermostat and ordered all fluids, shouldnt be long now. I'll be pushing hard for it to be done soon too as we are expecting another baby in April. This will not go on past march....

I will update this again with photos, next week or the week after. Pending a meet and I can see it.
You went HARD on the fuel system and exhaust! And choice of fuel, too. Best of luck to you reaching your goals!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member

some of these timelines blow my ****ing mind.

February '18?

What?

FJohnny

Established Member
Time to go to court and sue for full custody? I just hope your baby is still there and not three states away, a different color with a new 'daddy'.

twcbitten

Established Member
Time to go to court and sue for full custody? I just hope your baby is still there and not three states away, a different color with a new 'daddy'.

Theres been a handful of times I have felt that way. There have been plenty of heated, well not really discussions. Just me chewing him out. It originally did not meet the first deadline and then snow came. Our winters are long so decided to do more. Between the added work, subbed out work and just plain slacking/laziness. Its dragged out this long. But that's all behind us now. The project is moving forward, it's still there and the guy does quality work when he get his head in the game. Also contributing are life changes. He has gone through losing his father, I started a second build and will have 2 kids of my own now when this is done. Where as we had none when started. Shit happens. But this will be done soon and will be one bad mother****er.

FJohnny

Established Member
Sounds like an awesome project. Congrats on the kids. Timing should be about perfect. One car finally ready for each kid as a graduation present.

Just kidding! Wishing nothing but good results for you from here on in.

All the best.

twcbitten

Established Member
Sounds like an awesome project. Congrats on the kids. Timing should be about perfect. One car finally ready for each kid as a graduation present.

Just kidding! Wishing nothing but good results for you from here on in.

All the best.

sometimes I think the same, but I hope not lol. The coyote swap fox though is starting to take a backseat as were getting closer to the due date of our second. I'll probably take a break on that one for a while as priorities are changing. Thanks!

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Theres been a handful of times I have felt that way. There have been plenty of heated, well not really discussions. Just me chewing him out. It originally did not meet the first deadline and then snow came. Our winters are long so decided to do more. Between the added work, subbed out work and just plain slacking/laziness. Its dragged out this long. But that's all behind us now. The project is moving forward, it's still there and the guy does quality work when he get his head in the game. Also contributing are life changes. He has gone through losing his father, I started a second build and will have 2 kids of my own now when this is done. Where as we had none when started. Shit happens. But this will be done soon and will be one bad mother****er.

These types of projects always seem to take forever, even when dealing with reputable shops. My dad, for example, has done some pretty impressive builds, and I can't remember any that were completed near the estimated timeframe. His current build is a fully custom resto-mod that's been in the shop well over a year longer than the original estimate. The guy he's using definitely puts out some AMAZING work, but he works at his own pace and rarely seems to give a **ck..... lol

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Damn......reads like a Hennescrewed nightmare.

Good luck, OP! Hope you get her back all buttoned up and better than ever. Sounds great on paper.

twcbitten

Established Member
Resized_20190303_162651.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread