Shooting for 900hp.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Subscribing to this...

Just out of curiosity, what made you go with a 4.0 instead of going TT to reach your power goals? I honestly have zero experience with building a car to reach these type of numbers, but i know a lot of guys go the TT route and seem to hit ~1000hp mark without clearance issues and such. I'd imagine the build would be extensive either way, though.

Post some videos when you get everything going.

twcbitten

Established Member
Subscribing to this...

Just out of curiosity, what made you go with a 4.0 instead of going TT to reach your power goals? I honestly have zero experience with building a car to reach these type of numbers, but i know a lot of guys go the TT route and seem to hit ~1000hp mark without clearance issues and such. I'd imagine the build would be extensive either way, though.

Post some videos when you get everything going.
Reason is, The car was already set up for a s/c. Many supporting mods were updated earlier when the 2.3 was on it, with potential to go bigger. Would I do it again.... NO.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Did this ever eat to run? Did you finish the 4.0 install? So what you’re doing now is going thru the engine and rebuilding/refreshing it then reinstall? What caused you to pull the motor out?

Four Door SVT

Established Member
Good thing you pulled that engine, that was close those bearings are done. Definitely going to be subbing for the finial numbers

twcbitten

Established Member
Did this ever eat to run? Did you finish the 4.0 install? So what you’re doing now is going thru the engine and rebuilding/refreshing it then reinstall? What caused you to pull the motor out?
No it hasn't ran yet. I installed the blower and there were still many loose ends such as vacuume lines, recal wideband and stuff like that. Brought it to the tuner as he had availability opening up and left the loose ends for him to finish. It didnt get done before winter and snow had hit the ground. So rather than rushing it, just to get it on the rollers I made the call to dive in deeper. Unfortunately it was at his shop and now I'm having to rely on him to do the work and pay for it. I'd rather have it here but it's just not how things worked out. The engine was sent out and tore down a couple weeks ago, it's now ready for assembly. Waiting on parts.

twcbitten

Established Member
Resized_20181210_195428.jpg
Resized952018121095141022(1).jpg
Resized_20181210_140859.jpg

twcbitten

Established Member
Wow that rear axle is beautiful! Who makes that?
The housing is from Quick Performance, located in iowa. Shipping was cheaper the pick up due to sales tax if picked up. It's a 9", billet ends, backbraced, sn95 jig. Yukon trutrac center w/35sline axles. Willwood brakes. This shipped bare, I had a local shop powder coat it. The finish is hammertone, it can be done in a variety of colors and any shop that specializes in powder coating can do it.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
DB Performance doing the work and tuning?

I normally shut the F up but I am in a rare mood today. So here is my opinion on DB.
STAY AWAY FROM THEM....The only reason that place is still in business is cause of Shane- the main tuner. The majority owner (Danny) is a money grabbing smuck.
I have dealt with him 10 years apart and both times I left very unsatisfied.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I normally shut the F up but I am in a rare mood today. So here is my opinion on DB.
STAY AWAY FROM THEM....The only reason that place is still in business is cause of Shane- the main tuner. The majority owner (Danny) is a money grabbing smuck.
I have dealt with him 10 years apart and both times I left very unsatisfied.

You are in the minority. Paying someone to wrench at his level is not a cheap deal.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
No I am not, just ask around. Here in mpls, it's known.

lol at his level... don't make me laugh...

LOL, been a customer with multiple builds for many years. People don't like that he won't fluff his dyno numbers. He is also the shop that fixes other shops **** ups, usually not a cheap deal . Can't count the times guys brought busted cars in to be dynoed and customer is amazed that it will cost them to fix said car before it can be dynoed.

Sorry OP, good luck with your car.

Users who are viewing this thread