shock and strut question

randoo

Established Member
I have an 01 vert with H&R race springs and stock shocks and struts. I'm going to keep the springs but i want to upgrade the shocks and struts. I know I have a few options but who do you think offers the best set up for me? I don't mind spending a little more if it's worth the extra money. Thanks.

randoo

Established Member
Oh and the IRS bushing kit from Bruce is getting installed this week.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Hell yeah. I like them much better than the Bilsteins. Best damper you can buy IMHO.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
tokico d-specs. I have them and love them. I can set them real soft for cruising on the street or tighten them down for hard corning autox action. A very versatile and awesome strut/shock package.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
Talk to mm, they will listen to what YOU want out of the car and recommend the best strut/shock combo to go with those springs. It's what they do. Also think long term there are strut/shock combos that are grooved for coil overs in case you decide to upgrade later.

wma8706

Established Member
tokico d-specs. I have them and love them. I can set them real soft for cruising on the street or tighten them down for hard corning autox action. A very versatile and awesome strut/shock package.

Bilstein or Tokico D-spec. Talk to the guys at maximum motorsport, they know their shit. I personally love the D-specs cause of the adjustabilty but you can't go wrong with Bilstien as well. Koni = $$$$. Do your research... QA1 products are also awesome. Keep your goals in mind. All around street car, Drag car or track car? If your serious.... K-members, coil-overs, R- compound rubber, upper/ lower control arms, IRS vs SRA, urethane bushings will also need to addressed. That being said, If you want a good set of shocks and strut for the money.... get the stock 03/04 cobra bilstein!

randoo

Established Member
Thanks guys! It's just a street car but it's always fun to have a great handling car. I will give mm a call and see what they have to say...

Users who are viewing this thread