SHO TUNE

Ghost11

Established Member
Looking at ordering a tune for my 15 SHO.Just wondering who has already done this and what are your impressions?

If so which tune did you buy?

Besides Livernois who else has tunes for these cars?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
There really isn't many options. I did a lot of research before buying my Golf R and was looking at the SHO as well.

Gearhead has one, Livernois and Shawn at SSI SSi Performance - The Custom Tuning Professionals. Ur not gonna pick up much and u will need an SCT tuner as well.

Some do an exhaust but I doubt u pick up more than 50 whp total. Doesn't really seem to be worth it on a 4500 lb DD sedan that runs mid 13's tuned.... She is quite the fat girl but Gdam does she have a big arse Trunk holy cow! U can fit like 5 grown men in there lol.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Gearhead gets my vote. BrewCityBoost would be 2nd.

You can get them high 12's tune only, and safely. A few more items will be mid-low 12's.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
There are many options out there to tune: Gearhead, AJPTurbo, Ortiz, Unleashed, 5 Star, BCB, LMS and SSi. *SSi would be my last option and only if it was my only option.

I'm currently tuned by LMS and it's been great the last 4 years. I've run a best of 13.1 @ 4600lbs in +1500 DA (3-bar, 93 tune, 170 thermostat). They have a new V17 tune out that for the '13+ cars should cure some issues with the infamous V11 tune, but even then it's still having some shifting issues at WOT from what I'm reading. I personally have not had any issues and run their most aggressive tune for the '10-12 cars (93+X).

Now, do you plan to run a dedicated octane, or do you think you'll find yourself switching up from time to time? If so, Gearhead has a great auto-octane tune that would be perfect. It maximizes power for whatever octane you are running and you don't have to bother switching tunes if you go from 93 to 87 octane on accident. They also developed an intercooler and have been pushing this platform to new highs. If you plan to run a dedicated octane, I'd lean towards AJPturbo followed by GH (then Ortiz).

Tots ho

Established Member
I run an Ortiz tune in my daily and love it. Downpipes, plugs, 3-bar, thermostat and drop in filter. Never had it at the track but it moves for a BIG family sedan

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I run an Ortiz tune in my daily and love it. Downpipes, plugs, 3-bar, thermostat and drop in filter. Never had it at the track but it moves for a BIG family sedan
I meant to add them to the list! From all the posts I've been reading of them, they are doing a solid job and I've conversed with Lee a couple times as well. With those mods, you should be an easy 12.5 or faster with reasonable conditions.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I'm not sure why anyone would think a tune doesn't make a huge difference on this car.

Versus an NA car, the tuners can really find HP with the turbos over the OEM tune. My 16 SHO is not tuned -- but only cause I choose to spend the money on the Mustang rather than a daily driver that sees 30k+ miles per year.

But, I have had a Livernois tune on a 15 SHO, and the difference was night and day. If I was to tune the 16 SHO I have now, I would probably go with the autooctane tune from GH.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Tuning the SHO, or any ecoboost for that reason, makes a huge difference! Anybody who says different, has a useless tuner. lol
I think the AO tune isn't all it's hyped up to be. I have both Livernois and GH. They are both very good.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Livernois has been tuning the SHO as well as the other ecoboost vehicles for years and we have a lot of knowledge and hands on experiences with these cars, the SHOs/ 3.5L in particular. our tune picks up good power and has great drive ability, we also offer free tune revisions for life and should you sell the car, you can transfer it to another vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread