SHM blower for the 5.0

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Anybody check this out? Looks like a nice kit for the 5.0. Alot of interesting info on the motor. Check out his website. Sean Hyland Motorsports. 515rwhp on 91 octane! WOW

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
SHM has a reputation for destroying motors from what I have been told. I would not touch this set up or any of 5.0 builds with anything more than bolt ons.

There are way too many good Ford tuners to mess with shm!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wait, does it have forged rods and lowered compression? because there is no way that this could possibly work on such a high compression engine...

:D
SHM has a reputation for destroying motors from what I have been told. I would not touch this set up or any of 5.0 builds with anything more than bolt ons.

There are way too many good Ford tuners to mess with shm!
there isn't much risk here really, it's a TVS pushing low PSI just like any other supercharged roush. personally, i would go whipple(only if we're talking s'chargers, i'm turbo all the way), but that's beside the point.

tistan

Established Member
After the reputation SHM developed, I didn't know they were still in the mustang business. I definitely would not buy anything he developed.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
After the reputation SHM developed, I didn't know they were still in the mustang business. I definitely would not buy anything he developed.

+1

wait till vortech, paxton or procharger come out with a kit, I bet it will be in closer too 600rwhp with either been after cooled or intercooled. if the 11 GT come out with a good blower package that can run with the twin screw terminators, I am going to make the jump but until then:eek:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Looks like the same blower as whats on the ZR1 :rockon:

and what on our very own Senkak's 10 sec car :rockon:

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
wait, does it have forged rods and lowered compression? because there is no way that this could possibly work on such a high compression engine...

:D

there isn't much risk here really, it's a TVS pushing low PSI just like any other supercharged roush. personally, i would go whipple(only if we're talking s'chargers, i'm turbo all the way), but that's beside the point.

I was talking about the builder rather than the blower app. Its the tune I would not trust, as noticed by post 7.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I was talking about the builder rather than the blower app. Its the tune I would not trust, as noticed by post 7.
point taken.
since when did the GT have forged rods?!?!?!
powdered metal forged, not billet forged.
Why wouldn't it? All connecting rods are either forgings or billets. You don't think anyone actually tries to use a casting do you?
no one calls powdered metal rods forged even though they are forged, because 'forged' usually refers to high zoot aftermarket H/I beams, and not crappy powdered metal.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
the crank is forged and block can handle boost, the pistons and rods just need a swap, they are high compression n/a pistons so of course piston swap and boost all day, now if it was like a termi with a blower factory im sure it would of been lower compression forged pistons like the termis.

Users who are viewing this thread