Shipping question...

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Been cleaning out the shed and selling alot of crap I don't use anymore. I'm trying to sell what I can localy on craigslist but do have some interest from guys on some of the car forums for some parts. My question is, how do you guys ship small parts such as throttle bodies, MAF's, things like that? USPS flat rate, UPS, FED EX? Thanks.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
If you are selling multiple items to a single buyer I'd check out USPS' flat rate shipping boxes. I either ship through them or UPS. I'm not a big fan of Fed Ex on when it comes to being the recipient so I tend to not use them.

-Eric

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I have hundreds of misc sized boxes in my attic from buying parts (I save the boxes......nice to always have the perfect sized box). If its a part thats small and not important, valued at $10 and someone bought it for $15-20, ill flat-rate it usps since its what, like $5? If its something valued more, ill package it nicer, ship it UPS through my mom's work, since she can insure anything no matter the rate/size.

I crated up a ported eaton, was $65 shipped across country insured for $1200. Ive also shipped a Shep FWD transmission for my GST in a tote to WA and was $75, insured for $2k and weighed about 140lbs iirc.

Do not send anything fragile through UPS, walk through a hub if you do not believe me.

package/protect it correctly and insure it.

I have buddies that work/worked there.

Cobra2001X

Banned
USPS Flat Rate works great for smaller things. I never had a problem with damages or packages that didn't make it to their destination.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I've shipped hundreds and hundreds of things through USPS. They've always been the cheapest, fastest and most reliable.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Thanks for the links Bob, I did see those while doing some searching earlier. Looks like USPS is the way to go, thanks for all the replies.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
USPS Priority is good if you're shipping something light and to a nearby location or AK/HI. UPS is supreme otherwise.

mcdover

Established Member
I do not recommend FED EX ground. Seems as their standards are pretty low concerning their employees. I get deliveries on a daily basis and my biggest vendors use them. I don't have a choice in the matter. I could write a book on the massive amount of fail concerning them.

When I ship stuff out, I use USPS and UPS. Little to no problems with these guys.

txyaloo

Established Member
UPS has pretty good tracking, something sadly lacking with USPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. When I was parting out my Lightning I refused to ship USPS due primarily to the tracking issue. I also prefer Fedex to UPS. I've had UPS screw things up way too many times.

Users who are viewing this thread