Shipping car to Germany

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Can anyone recommend a company to deal with that can ship a car to Germany?
Also, would the car need to be in a container or would it be driven on the ship?
Thanks SVTP!

_Snake_

Established Member
100% certain it will need to be in a container. Primary reason is that a container is easier and faster to lash to the deck, AND it will be more secured. The next to last thing you want on a ship in rough seas is shifting cargo.

If you were wondering, the last thing you want on a boat of any size in any sea state is fire.

Sorry I can’t help with your other question.

Stanger00

Established Member
I used the same company that the military used and those were drive-on ships. This was also 10 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BV600

Established Member
Shipped cars to and from Germany using Military but on the way back it was through a local BMW dealer where I was. All open ships.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
100% certain it will need to be in a container. Primary reason is that a container is easier and faster to lash to the deck, AND it will be more secured. The next to last thing you want on a ship in rough seas is shifting cargo.

You can do either. If he’s active duty and it’s his first car (Uncle Sugar only pays for one) it’ll likely be a Roro (roll on, roll off). I paid for my Shelby and my Fiesta ST to be jammed in a CONEX box along with HHGs packed in each car. If the OP wants to ship his second car on his dime, either he pays (if he’s a contractor) or possibly negotiates it into his relocation agreement.

If you were wondering, the last thing you want on a boat of any size in any sea state is fire.

Sorry I can’t help with your other question.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I remember a situation from a member here years ago. He had his cobra (I think) over there, when he was stationed in Germany. The car had to pass a rigorous inspection before the return shipping. His e-brake wasn't holding to their specs. He was scrambling for a solution. I don't know if he was able to bring it back or not.

BV600

Established Member
Inspection there was no joke. I had a GTO with a 403ci stroker with a blower. Had the be 94db at half the engine rpms. It ended up being 106db at idle. Also had a 2012 procharged mustang. Thankfully I was able to get a two year inspection when stock.

Stanger00

Established Member
Inspection there was no joke. I had a GTO with a 403ci stroker with a blower. Had the be 94db at half the engine rpms. It ended up being 106db at idle. Also had a 2012 procharged mustang. Thankfully I was able to get a two year inspection when stock.

I remember the games we had to play to pass noise inspection, window tint, brake check and tie rod play.

I had a buddy pack in 2 bags of steel wool and locked it in with some wire. Would of been easier to install stock h-pipe but we didn't have one to borrow or rent from another service member.

I shipped my mustang on my own dime. I got it sent from a port in California to Landstuhl for $2200. Can't complain for a deal like that for the distance it traveled. I don't know how much cheaper it would of been to pick up from Breemerhaven but probably could of saved a couple hundred after train tickets and fuel to drive it back.

nxhappy

Established Member
20ft container will cost about $3000-4000
customs clearance is going to be a bitch
good luck

quad

Established Member
Can anyone recommend a company to deal with that can ship a car to Germany?
Also, would the car need to be in a container or would it be driven on the ship?
Thanks SVTP!
Are you a refugee (economic migrant) rushing the German border? God help the Germans?! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread