Shipping a terminator

03cobraracer

Established Member
Looking at possibly buying a cobra shell to rebuild on the side. Only problem is its in CT and I'm in GA. Anybody know where I could get the best deal on shipping a car? Other problem is that there is no suspension in the car right now so you can't exactly roll it around...

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I shipped my 03 Roush back in 2005 from Tampa to El Paso. I just went online and looked for companies, made phone calls and got the best deal I could on an enclosed trailer. Back then I spent $950 to ship it. But, I went from company to company, meaning I dropped the car off at the shipping company and then went to pick it up at the shipping yard once it got to El Paso. In other words it was not door to door.

A bad thing now is you have to use brokers to "go through" to get something shipped. Then you have to wait until a driver is available in the area you're shipping from and to. It is a pain in the _ _ _, but worth it once you get your car.

Not sure on the rolling issue. However, I built a home made dolly for my 65 Mustang. I pulled the entire drive train and suspension out. So, I needed a way to move the car around. I used 4x4's and 2x8's to create the rectangle and then used 9 caster wheels that supported 350 pounds each. I put the car on top of it and used my sub-frame connectors to "strap" the car to the dolly. Works great. Not sure if this is an option for you, but it seems the car will need to be placed on some type of dolly system to transport it.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I'm in the industry, good luck with the big companies moving a roller! and no suspension at that, that's a INOP, I'm afraid a tow truck or rollback type is your only option $$$.

03cobraracer

Established Member
I wouldn't mind doing that but that's almost 20hr ride one way! Lol. I'll have to see what I can come up with. If not I'll just have to find something closer.

Zemedici

Established Member
shiiiit scoop me up on the way. I'm down for a road trip. :lol: hahahahaha

I'd do the Uhaul route, rental = $100 - gas $400. You're half price vs shipping it IF they'll ship it.

NastyNate420

Established Member
I shipped my car from Cali to NJ for $750 but that was a running vehicle. when I got a quote from uhaul it was $500 one way drop off. it might be worth it to buy your own trailer.

Fast Willy

Established Member
I shipped a car from FL to NY using www.uship.com basically a system where truckers bid on what it would cost to do the job. I was able to find someone who did it for me for under $600. But that was also for a driving cars as well. It took about a week for the car to get to its destination but it worked out just fine for both parties.

The fact that the car isn't driving I would highly consider you getting a trailer and going to pick it up yourself. That will save you a ton of headaches in this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread