Shipping a pickup?

coposrv

Established Member
I’m familiar with enclosed auto shipping companies but does anyone have any experience shipping a 1 ton pick up? Pittsburg to metro Boston.

The truck is a Crew cab short bed powerstroke.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I’m familiar with enclosed auto shipping companies but does anyone have any experience shipping a 1 ton pick up? Pittsburg to metro Boston.

The truck is a Crew cab short bed powerstroke.

I shipped a regular cab F350 Powerstroke from NC to Maryland years ago. Open trailer hot shot kind of transport. It was cheap, like $350.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
This is exactly where a broker (central dispatch) or U-ship works well, vs a "white glove" carrier (Reliable).

However Pitt to Boston, I would just jump on a plane, and drive it home (yeah I know, it's January, and weather can be risky).

coposrv

Established Member
This is exactly where a broker (central dispatch) or U-ship works well, vs a "white glove" carrier (Reliable).

However Pitt to Boston, I would just jump on a plane, and drive it home (yeah I know, it's January, and weather can be risky).

That was my original plan. 8hr one way isn’t bad. My brother in law offered his dealer plate and we were going to go together.

However we had our second daughter on January 5th. She is in the nicu with an infection and can’t come home for other 10 days and My wife is staying with her as long as she can. Probably doesn’t need mentioning but my focus has been elsewhere.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on your 2nd daughter, it breaks your heart seeing any kids in the NICU, I couldn't imagine how much it would hurt with your own child.
Hopefully the infection gets knocked down quick so everyone can be home instead of a hospital.

SHOdown220

Established Member
That was my original plan. 8hr one way isn’t bad. My brother in law offered his dealer plate and we were going to go together.

However we had our second daughter on January 5th. She is in the nicu with an infection and can’t come home for other 10 days and My wife is staying with her as long as she can. Probably doesn’t need mentioning but my focus has been elsewhere.

I don't have anything to add to the original question but just wanted to say I hope your daughter gets out of the NICU soon and everything goes smoothly.

My 2nd boy was born back in august and the day we were supposed to be discharged from the hospital he was transferred to the NICU in charlotte, we only spent a about 48 hours there and it turned out to be nothing of big concern but it was the scariest experience of my life. Not only that but it was heart breaking seeing all the tiny babies in there.

coposrv

Established Member
I don't have anything to add to the original question but just wanted to say I hope your daughter gets out of the NICU soon and everything goes smoothly.

My 2nd boy was born back in august and the day we were supposed to be discharged from the hospital he was transferred to the NICU in charlotte, we only spent a about 48 hours there and it turned out to be nothing of big concern but it was the scariest experience of my life. Not only that but it was heart breaking seeing all the tiny babies in there.
With Our first we were there for 7 days. 3 of which in the nicu. We brought her home at 4.5 lbs. It was certainly heart breaking seeing her in there but there were many others who were there for much longer and for much more serious reasons.

In the big picture. She doesn’t have cancer. She’s not missing limbs. She doesn’t have any birth defects and momma is doing just fine. She is going to be just fine as well, it’s just going to take a bit to get her home.

A million other people are in a way worse situation with a much more bleak outlook.

I’m extremely fortunate and very very thankful for what we have.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member

Yeah, no, you are completely doing the right thing. Yes, get the SD brought to you. Hoping for the best for your newest daughter!

Users who are viewing this thread