Shipping a jet ski?

colin450

Established Member
I know some guys on here have experience with shipping so I figured I'd ask. I'm looking to ship a jet ski from FL to MA and I'm not really sure where to start looking. Just wondering if any of you guys have any experience doing this? I have it on a trailer in a garage right now.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I would contact a freight company and see what their requirements are.

Another idea is to check with a local power sports dealer. The factory ships those things in boxes. I'm assuming the dealer is left to dispose of those. You may be able to get a suitable container at low to no cost that way.

nxhappy

Established Member
Miami to boston would be about 1500 miles transit.

For a partial truck load, you are looking around $2000 , give or take.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Miami to boston would be about 1500 miles transit.

For a partial truck load, you are looking around $2000 , give or take.

I've done a couple through John with Unishippers. He usually has great rates (nowhere near what was quoted above)...I've shipped a couple Florida to Arizona for approx. $500 a pop usually...Pallets is your best bet as actual closed containers are a different pricing structure...I package them up and drop them at the closest freight place and they take care of the rest...

John Carter
316-734-1112

FYI, tilting the ski 15-20deg on their sides, make them much easier to fit on pallets, and provide some side clearance for plywood walls etc for safety. Use a couple of different size runners, and a bottom perch like this...

Last edited:

colin450

Established Member
Thanks for the leads guys. I was kind of hoping to ship it on the trailer since I'll need it when I get it back up here. Bringing it myself is an option, I just hate making the 24 hr. drive :kaboom: I'd definitely drive myself instead of paying someone $2k though.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Thanks for the leads guys. I was kind of hoping to ship it on the trailer since I'll need it when I get it back up here. Bringing it myself is an option, I just hate making the 24 hr. drive :kaboom: I'd definitely drive myself instead of paying someone $2k though.

Check on uShip.
They have a section for shipping personal watercraft, and you may find someone with a trailer hitch already making this trip.

uShip - Personal Watercraft

Users who are viewing this thread