Shipping a car FROM europe. . . any help ?

GT500R

Established Member
I am thinking of shipping a car from Europe - England (not expensive, maybe $2000-$3000 USD) and was wondering how hard it is to ship the car and how expensive it is. The only thing different about the car is it is right hand drive, everything is US spec on it - bumpers/airbags/emissions/etc. Anyone know of a company or work for one that could help me out ?

Thanks !

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Being stationed in England I can tell you that you won't be able to move the car unless it is over 20 yrs old. It also has to have DOT certified tires, etc etc. If your car meets all this criteria let me know and I will pass you info on who we use.

FYI When I called the Military specific shipping agent to see how much it would cost to get my 05 Stang over here they quoted me $3200 USD.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I am thinking of shipping a car from Europe - England (not expensive, maybe $2000-$3000 USD) and was wondering how hard it is to ship the car and how expensive it is. The only thing different about the car is it is right hand drive, everything is US spec on it - bumpers/airbags/emissions/etc. Anyone know of a company or work for one that could help me out ?

Thanks !

We have used MATSON all three times to ship our vehicles. They are VERY professional. No problems at all. From other people I've heard the same thing. The claims process from my understanding is also very easy should you have an issue.

GT500R

Established Member
We have used MATSON all three times to ship our vehicles. They are VERY professional. No problems at all. From other people I've heard the same thing. The claims process from my understanding is also very easy should you have an issue.

That looks like it is Pacific only ? I need Atlantic shipping. . . but thanks for the help ! ! !

BTW, the car is just an ordinary Volvo from 97, is the exact same thing we have in the U.S. but is right hand drive.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
Find an international freight forwarder and ask them to quote it for you. You could start with DHL Global Forwarding, Panalpina, or Rock-It Cargo.

Then after they quote it to you, ask them what steamship line they'll be using. Call that steamship line for a direct quote and avoid the 30-40% markup from the forwarder.

Yes, I work for a freight forwarder, but we don't move personal vehicles. Sorry.

GT500R

Established Member
Find an international freight forwarder and ask them to quote it for you. You could start with DHL Global Forwarding, Panalpina, or Rock-It Cargo.

Then after they quote it to you, ask them what steamship line they'll be using. Call that steamship line for a direct quote and avoid the 30-40% markup from the forwarder.

Yes, I work for a freight forwarder, but we don't move personal vehicles. Sorry.

Hey thanks for the help. No personal vehicles, s.o.b. . . . lol

STG

Banned
There is no such thing as a right hand drive U.S. spec car. You have no idea what you are getting into. Unless the car is over 25 years old, run Forest. Run.

Users who are viewing this thread