Shine Supply Ignition

5.0Black

Established Member
EDIT: Could not get videos to load after troubleshooting. I am providing the two following options:
1. I took two screen shots from each video I took to help show the results. I apologize in advance as they aren't as crisp as a dedicated still photo.
2. I have the video posted on my IG page ivtec2008. Not trying to promote by any means, but for those who want to see the video of the product in action it is there.

Hello Everyone,

I recently decided to pick up Shine Supplies new waterless wash product, ignition, and I am pretty pleased with my initial testing so far.

What is "Ignition"?

Ignition is a silica infused waterless wash that is safe to use on both ceramic and non ceramic treated vehicles. Because it is silica infused it will leave behind a light protectant. There are no advertised figures on longevity, but like most silica infused WW's it will be more short term. In addition to its protectant aspect it will also provide streak free gloss to the applied panels.

Test Vehicle:

Our kick to the curb car is a 15 Escape titanium. It had sat outside for about a week, rained lightly 3 times and was driven lightly during this time. There is grime, pollen, dust, bee poop and light water spots on the car. There is no ceramic on this car anymore and the wax that was applied is gone now, don't worry it will get protected again lol.

Application:

spray and pray....lol

In all seriousness though application is your normal waterless wash application. Liberally spray the panel, spritz your towel lightly and making sweeping motions down the panel. With a seperate towel begin to dry.

First Impressions

Ever since COVID happened Shine Supply has provided the wrong spray triggers for their applicable 16oz bottles. As you can tell in the photo below the trigger is just long enough to hit the plastic bottle preventing you from fully depressing the trigger. You can still use the provided trigger, but it is an annoyance that I hope gets resolved soon.

51233281142_6f95850449_o.jpg
Untitled by Sean C, on Flickr

After swapping Ignition into an empty spray bottle I proceed to get into testing. The first thing that became apparent to me was that there was no pulling on my buffing towel, which is certainly a good thing. Everything felt smooth to my hand as I was cleaning the applied panel. While cleaning I did find myself quickly becoming impressed by its power. Looking at the before and after photo the water marks, loose grime and pollen were gone in my initial pass. What was left was a streak free and glossy finish.

Before: Some loose specs, pollen and water spots.
51235145164_4a38d7d861_o.jpg

After: Smooth to the touch and glossy
51235145179_b4d6aff80d_o.jpg

It is worth noting that some panels had bee poop marks, which when it dries in the sun becomes pretty fixed to its position. This was the only grime on the car that I found that was left behind on my initial passes. I was able to spot fix the bee poop by spraying directly onto the spot and a light spritz onto my cleaning towel. From there I gently buffed the area till clean.

So how does the panel feel once done? Smooth. I have a small amount of Shine Supply Spiked Punch (a silica infused WW that Ignition replaced) and the surface felt noticeably smoother with Ignition. Going beyond how it feels, the car has a nice glossy finish to the naked eye. I don't anticipate the glossy finish to be anything long term, but a few days since cleaning the glossy finish still shows nicely.

Before:
51233266162_62463d426b_o.jpg

After:
51233968746_71b12bea7b_o.jpg

Once going around the entire car I decided to try my luck with glass, something I have not always had the best of luck with a waterless wash on. I tend to find many waterless washes are difficult to get streak free with a buffing towel, especially in the sun we have out here. I was pleasantly surprised with ignitions performance here. As you can tell in the photos below it took watermarked windows and made them streak free clean.

Before:
51234366246_6097cbf697_o.jpg

After:
51234366251_f648dbcb05_o.jpg

Conclusion

I will continue to evaluate this product, but I think a fun comparison may be in order with my other waterless washes. Either way, I think Shine Supply did a bang up job on Ignition. It has good cleaning power for a waterless wash and leaves a glossy streak free finish. I only have two complaints really with the product. The spray trigger that comes with a 16 oz bottle (if not buying a gallon) and the fact the product is pricey. End of the day, I have zero problems recommending this product to anyone looking for a quality waterless wash.

Attachments

• 51235124554_bddfbbd965_k.jpg
    51235124554_bddfbbd965_k.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

5.0Black

Established Member
Edit: Sorry for double post, posted twice by accident. If an admin sees this please delete the duplicate. Thanks!

Last edited:

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Good review. Thanks for the info. I had never heard of that brand previously, but now may need to take a peek at their product line.

On a side note, I appreciate the use of grammar and punctuation. ha It's refreshing to be able to read through something that lengthy without having to keep backtracking for understanding.

5.0Black

Established Member
Good review. Thanks for the info. I had never heard of that brand previously, but now may need to take a peek at their product line.

On a side note, I appreciate the use of grammar and punctuation. ha It's refreshing to be able to read through something that lengthy without having to keep backtracking for understanding.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Shine Supply makes some good stuff, quickly becoming one of my favorite brands.

5.0Black

Established Member
I wanted to provide a simple update. I got some parts in, testing a DI right now, so i decided to see how Ignition behaved before and after a wash. I used Gtechniq G Wash with a heavy dilution ratio, much heavier than needed.

Before wash:
51238266656_d53eb985e6_o.jpg
After wash:
51238468403_d72facc5ea_o.jpg

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Certainly not bad for a waterless wash. Do you intend to test the longevity?

5.0Black

Established Member
Certainly not bad for a waterless wash. Do you intend to test the longevity?

I will be. I think it would be interesting to see how long it can last while being outdoor kept vehicle. Plus, if I do a waterless wash comparison it would be ideal to have all of this stuff gone anyway lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the great review. My G-70 was ceramic coated a bit over 2 years ago and is still smooth as glass and slick, but this product might replace my current detailer spray. This one looks easier to use.

5.0Black

Established Member
Thanks for the great review. My G-70 was ceramic coated a bit over 2 years ago and is still smooth as glass and slick, but this product might replace my current detailer spray. This one looks easier to use.
Thank you! I agree with you on a QD/detailer spray. I have one unopened bottle and it may be the last QD I buy.

5.0Black

Established Member
Before the end of June I decided to do a washing to see how Ignitions protectant is holding up at the 1 month marker.

4 week washing: I took photos of the roof and hood of the vehicle as they are more of the high wear areas. Since its last washing the vehicle has been driven quite a bit. Between multiple road trips, showing my folks around the area and just being outdoor kept the Escape was pretty dirty. I used a different shampoo on this wash, 2 oz of shine supply shift, and utilized a standard 2 bucket method for cleaning.

Inspecting the vehicle after cleaning, it seems the silica protectant from Ignition has worn some. The water beading isn't as robust on the roof, pillars and hood. The door's seem to have minimal wear and tear. Overall the product is still there in enough capacity where I will not strip it from the vehicle. Even in the high wear areas there is still visible water beading and you can still feel the smoothness from Ignition on every panel.

5 week update: Fast forward to 7/5 it had rained lightly overnight and ignition produced an abundance of small water beads when loading up the car in the morning.

Overall the silica portion of Ignition is holding up a little better than I anticipated. The sun out here in CA is pretty intense for an outdoor kept vehicle and our escape has been driven a lot over the past few weeks. While I still don't expect the protectant portion of Ignition to be anything long term, I wouldn't have been surprised if it was virtually gone by this time.

51277440474_3016524db3_o.jpg

51275954102_44e7a3deca_o.jpg

jbuenavides

Established Member
I have seen this product, but haven't tried it. Thank you for sharing your experience with this product, it made me want to buy a bottle and do some polishing next weekend.

5.0Black

Established Member
11 week update and final thoughts: Yea, the escape went a little while since its last cleaning lol. I did a standard 2 bucket wash with Shine Supply Shift. As you can tell by the photos below, I think it is time to call it. While the door panels still show signs of life, the hood is virtually done and the roof has absolutely nothing left from Ignition. I suspect that the roof was done around 2 months.

To wrap things up, I have been pretty happy with the performance of Ignition on our Escape. It was easy to work with in most cases, smells great, adds a nice gloss and the infused protectant held up fairly well for a WW on an outdoor kept car.

Door Panels: I would have liked more water to fall off here, but hey, you can still see a consistent bead on the door panels.
51386554008_c299a2648e_b.jpg

Hood: Sheeting is pretty bad and it looks like Ignition is virtually gone.
51385548562_6bf58596c7_b.jpg

Roof: As you can tell there is no water bead on the paint portions of the vehicle. Ignition appears to be completely gone.
51386553993_9682869f74_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread