Shifter Base Gasket To Quiet Your MT-82 Shifter (except MGW).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Shifter Base Gasket For MT-82 Shifters (except MGW). No handle gasket as this is a 1-piece handle. 1/16" silicone rubber material.

Product-CB3P.png
Cost is $15.99

Shipping by USPS Parcel First Class Mail is FREE and includes a tracking number. Average delivery time is 2-4 business days.

Note that sets are also available for all 1982-2004 Mustangs, 2011-2014 Mustangs equipped with the MT-82 transmission, 1993-2002 Camaro/Firebird T-56, and the 2004-2006 GTO T-56.

Mustang Shifter Gasket Kits
$15.99 - T-56 Kit
$15.99 - MT-82 Kit
$16.99 - TR-3650/T5/T45 Kit
$16.99 - TKO-500/600 Kit
$17.99 - TR-3550 TKO Kit
$10.00 - Two extra shifter handle gaskets

GM Products Shifter Gasket Kits
$16.99 - 1993-2002 Camaro/Firebird T-56 Kit
$16.99 - 2004-2006 GTO T-56 Kit
$10.00 - Two extra shifter handle gaskets

Click on the link below to go to my website to place your order (PayPal or credit card through PayPal). I feel a great satisfaction from my many customers who have told me how happy they are with their quieter shifters after using one of my shifter gasket kits.

Facts About My Gasket Sets
* Inexpensive mod.
* Enjoy a quieter shifter.
* No messy RTV/silicone sealer used.
* No more scraping off old, hardened RTV sealer.
* Faster & cleaner shifter install.
* Optimal shifter-to-base seal

Each Kit includes a base gasket and a shifter handle gasket, and installation instructions, unless otherwise noted on my ordering page.

The shifter handle gaskets are 1/16" to provide noise insulation while not compromising a solid shifter feel. I have sold thousands of sets!

All of my gasket sets are made by hand using a special high temperature 1/16" silicone material specially formulated for this application. They work with all aftermarket shifter such as the Pro 5.0, TriAx, MGW, Barton, as well as the stock shifter. The shifter handle gaskets work on all 2-piece handles.

Payment by PayPal or use a credit card through PayPal.

The ordering process is very simple. Please go to my website --
https://stangshiftergaskets.com

Thanks for looking!

Bob Arthur

Stang Shifter Gaskets, LLC
390 Chestnut Street
Cheshire, CT 06410

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Just grabbed one....I have a UPR Shifter which surprisingly performs very well, but it does transmit a good bit of gear noise and rattle...figure if this gasket helps even a little bit, for only $15, its worth it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
my gpr shifter buzzes like crazy in 3rd and 5th....will this improve that?
The gasket WILL reduce noise as it acts as a noise insulator. The noise reduction will vary depending on the level of noise you presently have. It is definitely worth trying. The vast majority of my customers are very satisfied with the noise reduction. Hope this helps. :)

Just grabbed one....I have a UPR Shifter which surprisingly performs very well, but it does transmit a good bit of gear noise and rattle...figure if this gasket helps even a little bit, for only $15, its worth it.
Thanks for the order, Michael. It's in the mail. :)

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
The gasket WILL reduce noise as it acts as a noise insulator. The noise reduction will vary depending on the level of noise you presently have. It is definitely worth trying. The vast majority of my customers are very satisfied with the noise reduction. Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the order, Michael. It's in the mail. :)
Thank you sir!

by9468840

Established Member
Can we someone post results after trying this?
I'm not really in the mood for opening the center console, putting the car back on a lift, removing all that ton of dynamat material I used and all that just to install this gasket..

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Results are going to vary depending on how much noise you're addressing. On average, pretty much the majority of gear noise will be eliminated. If you don't want to take a chance due to the extra labor involved in your case, and you're not dealing with exceptional, annoying noise, then I wouldn't recommend it. The fact that you have lots of Dynamat material already installed makes me more believe you're not dealing with a lot of noise to begin with.

by9468840

Established Member
I am mainly trying to kill the gear whine as much as I can. Even with dynamat I can still hear it.
Have a hurst shifter installed. It's gasket looked pretty thin. Thought maybe yours could help.

Torchy

Established Member
Just placed an order. Always wanted to try out your gasket on my MT-82. I have a Barton and 2 post bracket and get some buzzing in my shifter in 3rd and 5th. Even bought the boss knob to reduce the weight at the top of the handle and it made a big difference but I still get a hair. Looking forward to it.

Torchy

Established Member
Let us know if it does anything. If mine doesnt help at all I'll still be satisified because I like bob lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ :)

I've actually started selling more of the MT-82 gaskets lately. Now they're outselling the others. :thumbsup:

BPatterson

Established Member
So much for installing my gasket. I guess when the dealership replaced my tranny under warranty last year, it sits slightly too far back for me to get the rear passenger side bolt out. :-/ No matter how much I pried and pulled in any direction, I couldn't get enough room to get a socket on it.
7egaguve.jpg

a2u4ube6.jpg

gasaqa6e.jpg

K.A.I.N

Established Member
So much for installing my gasket. I guess when the dealership replaced my tranny under warranty last year, it sits slightly too far back for me to get the rear passenger side bolt out. :-/ No matter how much I pried and pulled in any direction, I couldn't get enough room to get a socket on it.
That's not your dealer's doing, it's by design. Any time you remove the shifter, you have to remove the bushing underneath the car to allow enough movement to get to the lower right bolt. Look up any short shifter how-to for details. I'm surprised you do not know this since you have a Barton installed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread