Shift Light, 1st Gear, 2nd Gear, Shifters, & Gas Caps

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Just picked up my first Cobra! 14.2 miles at the dealer. My break-in will involve driving normally (as suggested in earlier posts) in the 2-4K RPM range. Driving it home and I noticed a few things:

1. How to disable that darn distracting orange shift light? If it is in the manual, sorry. I haven't read all the documentation yet.

2. When shifting from first 1st and/or 2nd, the transmission gives off a rough rubbing sound, as if something were touching. Gears? Whether I ride the clutch a bit or let off quick. Is this normal?

3. GRC Performance (Mission Viejo, CA) mentioned that the PRO-50 is clunky and recommends the Tri-Ax. But Corner-Carvers has been busting Steeda balls lately. Just how clunky is the PRO-50? I do not find the stock shifter all that bad.

4. Any good recommendations for a solid, locking gas cap? Is there a 'best of class' locking gas cap? Gotta protect the petrol.

darkhorse

Established Member
Congratulations, you have a normal, healthy baby cobra...
I have the Triax and it's very smooth compared to stock. The Pro 5.0 is just as good but you have to cut the boot. I would get the MGW shift handle no matter which shifter you upgrade to.

My Diablo chip got rid of the shift light for me.

Why do you have to protect the pertrol? Do you live next door Mad Max or something?:-D

Users who are viewing this thread