She's up and running!!

jdl1000

Established Member
Mustangous said:
Did the tank line right up or was there fabrication to make it work? details please....

The tank lined up but I had to modify the filler neck to fit my car. The filler neck on the Cobra tank is longer than the neck for my fox by about 4 inches. I even used the stock Cobra fuel lines. They lined up in the fox great.

cjuni

Established Member
If it had the stock hood it would look like the mad max car......now that would be even more BAD A$$, then it is already

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
cjuni said:
If it had the stock hood it would look like the mad max car......now that would be even more BAD A$$, then it is already
You talking the blower sticking out like this?
FrontRight1.jpg

But one thing they are a falcon xb, modded it sorta looks like a fox with a 70 torino/montego back end.

Mustangous

Established Member
jdl1000 said:
The tank lined up but I had to modify the filler neck to fit my car. The filler neck on the Cobra tank is longer than the neck for my fox by about 4 inches. I even used the stock Cobra fuel lines. They lined up in the fox great.
an abosolutly sweet project... Thats like a super fox... A fox with all the latest except for the IRS which we could live without anyway.... damn that makes me almost want to rip the turbo-ed 302 out of my 90 and find a doner cobra... :-D

jdl1000

Established Member
Mustangous said:
an abosolutly sweet project... Thats like a super fox... A fox with all the latest except for the IRS which we could live without anyway.... damn that makes me almost want to rip the turbo-ed 302 out of my 90 and find a doner cobra... :-D

You should do the swap you won't be sorry!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This car is so much fun to drive. Where else can you get a 600+ rwhp fox you could drive 2500 miles with no worries and decent gas mileage. :-D

Mustangous

Established Member
jdl1000 said:
You should do the swap you won't be sorry!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This car is so much fun to drive. Where else can you get a 600+ rwhp fox you could drive 2500 miles with no worries and decent gas mileage. :-D
Yeah i would love too... But 9 months ago i just dished out 4500 on the turbo kit so to dish out a min of 12 for a doner car( more for a whipple) is something i really have to think about. and thats not all i am gonna have to spend either... :shrug:
We'll see next year.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Thats deff. one of the sweetest foxes I have ever seen. I've been wanting to do a 03/04 cobra swap in a 4 banger coupe for a number of years now. My buddy did one in his 89 coupe using a vortech'ed and aftercooled 96 built cobra motor. If mine didn't already have a built and boosted motor, I would do it to it. Excellent job and nice attention to detail, its of the best/cleanest mod conversions I've ever seen.
PM me if you ever sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread