Shes FIXED :)

onehundredk

Smashin' Pumpkins
Established Member
Its been awhile, but she went in to the shop 2 days ago, and is fixed today. She slept for 5-6 months; due to time. money. etc. anyways, turns out the head gaskets weren't fried at all. an air pocket in the cooling system and 2 cylinders with very low compression. long story short, its all fine. and cant wait to start seeing everyone again on the road:beer:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
what #'s you making with that combo? I'm thinking about getting a 4lb ring.

Congrats on the good news

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
yeah what happened? overheated and you suspected blown hg or something?

I overheated after a HE/Coolant reservoir install, but luckily i came on here to find i just needed to correctly fill/burp the system from the upper coolant fill cap (located in the crossover tube). I dont think i got it hot enough to cause HG damage ( i shut down right when i saw coolant start to spew out from the overflow) but im pulling the plugs this weekend to check anyways. I have $1500 in the bank now for miscellaneous stuff and was going to use it to pay down the car, but if need be looks like itll go to a HG/ARP install and a new clutch while im at it. Crossing my fingers though.

onehundredk

Smashin' Pumpkins
Established Member
Yep thought it was HG, ended up not being anything major. as far as fixing the compression. not sure what my guy did, but its fixed, and better yet at no charge. He did mention something about the spark plug gap but i was too busy listening to my baby idle when he was telling me hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread