Shelby's at MSRP

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Thought I would pass the word, I almost pulled the trigger today till I was low balled on a trade in. Pearson in El Cajon is selling a black/black, red/white and a silver/black color combo shelby's. They have a 30k mark up on the sticker, but I was told today they have been sitting on the lot quite a while and would even go a few grand under sticker. Just thought I would share.

Nazgul

Black Rider
Established Member
... a few grand under sticker. Just thought I would share.

???!:bash: Damned greedy dealers. :cuss: Its too late. I couldn't wait any longer. I ordered a new Corvette convertible in April and pick it up Monday.

I did see a GT500 for sale at the Pleasanton Goodguys show this past w/e. 3,600 miles, $47,000 obo.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Congrats on the Vette, I think they're great cars. The only reason I would consider a Shelby over a vette is the back seat. The new vette's are awesome. But yeah, looks like the inevitable price drop is here in socal (with thanks to gas prices).

Nazgul

Black Rider
Established Member
Congrats on the Vette, I think they're great cars. The only reason I would consider a Shelby over a vette is the back seat. The new vette's are awesome. But yeah, looks like the inevitable price drop is here in socal (with thanks to gas prices).

Thanks! I fell in love with the GT500 when it came out. But I refused to pay $15-20k 'added dealer markup' just 'cause they wanted it. I even advertised to buy one at MSRP. Well, they lost a sale to Chevy! And I'm a life-long Ford guy. I figured, for their asking price, I could buy a Corvette vert, almost even a Z06. Well, that gave me the idea and I found a vette dealer who would deal and got one cheaper. And now I'm glad I went that way. Esp. w/25mpg.

And yes, now the prices are dropping, now that its too late for guys like me.

But I won't sell my Lightning! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread