Shelby

Skunkworks

Established Member
So, I was at the Ford dealership picking up parts for the Termy, and they had two Shelby Mustangs (not GT500). $30,720 MSRP on the Ford sticker, and the little dealship sticker to the side had adders for "Shelby package" +$18,500, and then some misc. like destination which brought the total to $49,910. First I was surprised the Shelby package was not on the Ford window sticker, and second I was (really) surprised at the cost, and third I was surprised that the black one was sold, and salesman was working hard on the sale of the white one.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the shelby gt, unlike the gt500, is actually modified by shelby automotive and has a csx serial number (which is weird becuase csx cars are cobras not mustangs)

if you could take a new mustang gt, and add the power pack, handling pack, and drag pack, roll it into the financing, and still get a full factory warranty, wouldn't ya? i would. but thats me. i do more than just mash the gas and drive in a straight line.

Juruense

Banned
I think that is a great price. After all my car had a 40,900 sticker. I think the Shelby GT is worth 49,000 absolutely. That is a lot better than the 70,000 current local price for the GT500.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
:eek: Yikes, I am sorry I just can't see spending 50k on a lowered Mustang GT with a few suspention upgrades. You could do those mods yourself, for less than 10k and probably keep your warranty to boot. You can buy a HELL of a lot more car than that for around 50k....think Vette, M3, etc.....

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You could, Rick, but you wouldn't have the Shelby nameplate, for what that might be worth down the road as a collectible, unlike the Mustang GT. That said, I would never buy one. LOL! I just don't like the design of the car. Never have.

Users who are viewing this thread