Shelby wrecks in Laurel Co. Kentucky after high speed chase.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Anybody recognize this guy??? Think he might be in deep doo-doo. Glad my car is valued at 80K here in Ky. :coolman:

image-26.jpg

Last edited:

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Don't know him, but thank him and his overvalued credit for making each of our cars just a little bit more special!

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
New 2014 GT500 High Speed Chase after Just Bought from Dealership

1441245_561673827238564_253673732_n_zps442c222f.jpg

Deputies assist KSP on pursuit on I-75:

Sheriff John Root is reporting that Laurel Sheriff’s Senior Sgt Greg Poynter, along with Deputy Robbie Grimes, and Deputy Daniel Grigsby assisted Kentucky State Police on a vehicle pursuit on I-75 in Laurel County on Thursday night 11-14-13 at approx 8 :00 P.M.
Apparently, KSP officers were involved in the pursuit of a 2014 model Shelby Cobra Mustang that had been clocked speeding in excess of 100 MPH, that a subject had just bought brand new from a dealership in London earlier. KSP officers were apparently pursuing the vehicle from Rockcastle County into Laurel County on I-75. Reportedly, a deflation device was deployed to deflate the tires of the mustang , however, reportedly it continued to flee but was finally stopped near exit 41 on I-75. At least one Laurel County Sheriff's Deputy's cruiser received minor damage from flying debris off the mustang being chased. Deputies assisted on the arrest charging Shaun Slade Dirkach age 37 of Jacksonville, North Carolina with Fleeing and Evading Police, Criminal Mischief, and Resisting Arrest. KSP also placed charges on the accused . He was lodged in the Laurel County Detention Facility.
Reportedly, the Shelby Cobra Mustang is a 662 Horse Power, high performance car- valued at approx . $80,000 .

I didn't write it, just copied and pasted it.:cryying::cryying::cryying::cryying:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy shit, that looks like my car lol, I know there are two other guys with the same color as mine. I think they only made 23 deep impact blue with red stripes

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
"they used a deflation device"

Yeah, turned the temperature down to 39 degrees. :lol1:

E

Kapy

Established Member
Would be nice if we could get the VIN so that no members here get screwed into buying this car down the road.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
What an idiot. IF you are going to make an attempt at evading police, you better not be from out of state, you better be in your own backyard where you know each and every back road and have a chance of disappearing within the first five minutes. If your out of state, just pull over and take your medicine.

raustin0017

Established Member
In state...out of state...you can never out run the radio. You would be very lucky nowadays to not get caught.

I grew up in Arkansas. If you ran from the cops and got caught...they would beat your ass. No cams back then. My best friend had a 69 Charger and got caught. He showed up at school the next day with his jaw wired shut and two black eyes.

This guy was lucky nobody got hurt.

USV8PWR

Established Member
You do not mess with the KY "Grey gods", aka the State Trooper. They will get you every time. Like another posted above, pull over and take your medicine. And if you pull all the way over, have your windows down, car off, seatbelt on, hands up on the steering wheel, treat the officer with some respect and own up to what you did....you'll probably just get a warning. There are very few drivers of any cars that considerate out there and the officers do notice that.

Well folks....there is one less unmolested 2013/2014 Shelby GT500. It's very sad that it seems like every day we are seeing these cars weeded out by idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread