Shelby Razors on 2007 GT500 - Clear Brembos?

pschwind

Established Member
So I have been thinking of buying some Shelby Razor wheels for my 2007 GT500, in 20”x9“ upfront and 20”x10” out back. The American Muscle website says the Shelby Razor won’t fit the GT500 because of the Brembos. I even called AM and they confirmed they won’t fit the GT500.

Now here’s the thing, I’ve seen tons of 07-09 GT500 with Razors on the internet with guys claiming they fit fine. When I told the the AM representative this he said, “They’re ditching the Brembos to make them fit…” and I said all the pictures I’ve seen the cars still have the Brembos.

Is the American Muscle representative misinformed? I have to believe so because I see GT500s with Razors and Brembos all over the internet.

Can anyone shed some light on the topic?

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
So I have been thinking of buying some Shelby Razor wheels for my 2007 GT500, in 20”x9“ upfront and 20”x10” out back. The American Muscle website says the Shelby Razor won’t fit the GT500 because of the Brembos. I even called AM and they confirmed they won’t fit the GT500.

Now here’s the thing, I’ve seen tons of 07-09 GT500 with Razors on the internet with guys claiming they fit fine. When I told the the AM representative this he said, “They’re ditching the Brembos to make them fit…” and I said all the pictures I’ve seen the cars still have the Brembos.

Is the American Muscle representative misinformed? I have to believe so because I see GT500s with Razors and Brembos all over the internet.

Can anyone shed some light on the topic?

They fit fine and have been since 2007......Have the OEM rear and front Brembos...

07Shelby1.jpg

DSCF1047.jpg

Slabo

Established Member
The version of the 20"x9" Razors that clear the Brembo's have a 24mm offset and were made for Shelby American. These are no longer being made. Notice the version's sold by AM have a different offset and that is why it says they only fit GT & V6 mustangs. I have heard that spacers might work but I wouldn't do it. You will have to find a set of used 20x9 Razors in 24mm offset. Also the version in silver was only made in 24mm offset for Shelby and so are no longer available new at all in any offset.

Last edited:

pschwind

Established Member
I thought it might be an offset issue. The current 20" x 9" is a 30mm offset. Too bad the guy at AM couldn't sum up the issue for me as nicely as you did. Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

pschwind

Established Member
So now that I know what front offset is ideal, what about the rear offset for a 20" x 10" where you want to run a 305-315 tire?

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
Im going to look at an 08 500 today with 20in razors, probably going to buy it friday. I may or may not sell the razors!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

pschwind

Established Member
The '08 with Razors

Im going to look at an 08 500 today with 20in razors, probably going to buy it friday. I may or may not sell the razors!

Let me know how that works out with the Razors. I’m not in a hurry and probably wasn’t going to buy wheels for another month or two. I’ve agonized over making the right wheel choice for the GT500, everything from price, diameter, finish, weight, cast vs. forged, brands, CCW, TrueForged, Forgestar and the list goes on.

The truth is I like a simple 5 spoke design and I like the Razors so if the right set comes along at the right price I would be interested.

TexasShelby

Established Member
I'm still looking for 2 Silver Razors with the Shelby on the spoke that will fit the rear. Going to send off to have a couple inches put on them, but with the ones that don't fit the brembos, I don't know if they will go to 11s with that offset.

09Snake

Established Member
Hey guys, i have a 2009 gt500 and when i first bought it i bought i got 4 shelby razor wheels from shelby auto. The front two clear the brembo brakes but the back two stuck out past the fender. So, i ordered two more for the back with the right offset so the edge of the wheel stuck just inside the lip of the rear but i didn't care for how it looked with the car lowered. Needless to say i now have SIX chrome Shelby razors sitting in my garage that i will never use becuase i wanted an 11" wheel out back after my power addons so these got set aside and i'd like to sell them.

4 24mm offset 20 x 9 Shelby chrome razors (clear the brembo brakes but stick out past the fender lip in the back)
2 40mm offset 20 x 9 Shelby chrome razors (neatly fit inside the wheel well no chance of hitting)

I also have tires for these as well that were hardly ever used. The car was a garage queen from 2008 (it's an 09 but got it in 08) to 2010 when i started adding boltons and changed to the steeda spyders 11" for traction with a drag radial)

they are nitto 275 35 20 and 275 30 20. Let me know and i'll gladly work with you to get you free shipping from Canada if anyone in the US wants them. Will post a picture later on today.

pschwind

Established Member
THat woudl be great but...

Hey guys, i have a 2009 gt500 and when i first bought it i bought i got 4 shelby razor wheels from shelby auto. The front two clear the brembo brakes but the back two stuck out past the fender. So, i ordered two more for the back with the right offset so the edge of the wheel stuck just inside the lip of the rear but i didn't care for how it looked with the car lowered. Needless to say i now have SIX chrome Shelby razors sitting in my garage that i will never use becuase i wanted an 11" wheel out back after my power addons so these got set aside and i'd like to sell them.

4 24mm offset 20 x 9 Shelby chrome razors (clear the brembo brakes but stick out past the fender lip in the back)
2 40mm offset 20 x 9 Shelby chrome razors (neatly fit inside the wheel well no chance of hitting)

I may be interested in the 2 - 20" x 9" 24mm offset Razors for the front but I really want a 10" rim or greater in the back. With the Razors, I know the widest they were produced was 10" so that's a limitation. The new Razors in 20" x 10" are still available with a 48mm offset.

Does anyone know if the 20" x 10" 48mm offset Razors will fit on the back of the Shelby and remain flush with the wheel well? I do not want them to stick out.

pschwind

Established Member
That would be great but...

I may be interested in the 2 - 20" x 9" 24mm offset Razors for the front but I really want a 10" rim or greater in the back. With the Razors, I know the widest they were produced was 10" so that's a limitation. The new Razors in 20" x 10" are still available with a 48mm offset.

Does anyone know if the 20" x 10" 48mm offset Razors will fit on the back of the Shelby and remain flush with the wheel well? I do not want them to stick out.

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
Here 's the car i went and test drove yesterday , should be buying it friday. I have to say after seeing the wheels in person, they look amazing.
61a4b20a-7b02-7f56.jpg

09Snake

Established Member

American Racing makes 20x10 razors but Shelby American Inc only ever sold the Shelby razors in 20x9. That was the main reason i set these aside and went with steeda spyder 20x11's out back becuase the 20x9 i could only run a 275-285 out back without it looking like crap due to the sidewall buldge. Traction was a constant issue at 650 wheel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread