Shelby GT500 CFTP - COTA track day 1 of 2! (video)

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Ride along on this amazing high-horsepower/big-brakes experience! As a newbie to Circuit Of The Americas and Edge Addicts, I start the weekend in the intermediate group with an instructor buddy riding shotgun. After learning the track I was cleared to run solo. Top speeds were 158 back straight/141 front straight in my completely stock 760hp 2020 Shelby GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack. You’ll see lots of passing, including some reluctant Porsches! I run with GT350s, Vettes including a C8, Porsches (lots), Viper, McLaren, GTR and a host of other kick-ass cars! In short order, I became the fastest in my group! This video combines multiple cameras including a GoPro 360 and is presented in 4K! I hope you enjoy!

Goose17

Established Member
Tim, any idea how many cars showed up / registered today for the show ?
Looks like a great turnout
If you are referring to the LMR Cruise In car show I hit yesterday, there were 4.5 2000 Cobra Rs there! That is the most I've ever seen at once! We all went out on the road course together for some laps... damn good time! I took the CFTP, R and 93 there. I would post a pic, but this site makes it a challenge.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Yeah I saw the pics, looks like a great time.

Just wondering if you had an idea how many mustangs total were in the show ?

Was this the first year LMR did this cruise in at the speedway ?

Goose17

Established Member
Yeah I saw the pics, looks like a great time.

Just wondering if you had an idea how many mustangs total were in the show ?

Was this the first year LMR did this cruise in at the speedway ?
This was the 1st year the LMR show was at TMS. I am friends with the owner and was talking to him yesterday. He said they had something like 1500ish vehicles there, but no official tally at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread