Shelby GT350R Revs Up London Video

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Shelby GT350R Revs Up London Featured.jpg
Live in London
A Shelby GT350R makes beautiful, Flat-Plane Crank music across the pond
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

As we know, the Shelby GT350R caused quite a stir at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the United Kingdom with the former Stig, Ben Collins behind the wheel. While the car was across the pond, Ford decided to do a bit more promotion with it. They encouraged people to try find the #MustangInLondon on social media. With it parked there, they set up cameras to document the reaction to the striking, Race Red Shelby.
Continue reading →

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
These rev videos are becoming redundant now and are setting a bad precedent. Once people start getting them in hand, all we're going to see is a bunch of revving videos (and possibly some blown engines from knuckleheads sitting in parking lots revving it all day to impress their friends.) Enough already, Ford!! Show us longer videos of this thing on track at speed!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
sounds awful. I really want to like this car but I cant get over what a horrible exhaust note it has.

I agree completely. With all the media trying to cram "Is this the best sound evah or what?!?!?!?" it leads me to believe they're making a conscious effort to try and steer people away from disliking the sound. People are easily influenced and I think there has been a bit too much rumblings of negativity for Ford's comfort. Certainly NOT a fan here.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I've always preferred the burble from a properly cammed OHV over that of any of Ford's modular engines, especially the Jetsons-like warble emitted from the GT500's.

Subjectivity aside, I'm here to tell you, this thing screams like no other modular to date.

Breitling

Established Member
I don't know how you can honestly say that the exhaust sounds good on this car. It's a great car with a great engine, but the exhaust sounds terrible.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't think anybody denies that the engine screams. It just doesn't sound good until it is screaming. And even then it doesn't sound great.

krt22

Established Member
It sounds absolutely awesome to me, much more race car than street car. But if you are a fan of that old school american v8 burble, I can understand not liking this one. But I think it will sound much different with aftermarket cans. It sounds very restricted with the valves closed and a menace with them open (ie passing through very little baffling), so we shall see.

I will likely keep it stock, sounds perfect with the valves open (sans removing the resonators like the R model)

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I 110% absolutely LOVE the way the GT350 sounds. I have a 525hp/tq 427w in my '69 MaCh 1, and I do appreciate the sound it makes, but this fpc 5.2 is really something special.

I'm debating trading in my sonata (which I traded my 03 Cobra for LOL) and buying between a GT350 or a C7 stingray as a DD. If the C7 sounded like the GT350, it would be a no brainer. I just can't stand the sound of an LS/LT engine (cammed or not).

krt22

Established Member
You and me both, I love what the corvette is/does, think the C7 looks sick as all hell, but cannot stand a modded LS/LT sound for some reason. Sure its loud and obnoxious, but that is about it.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I don't know how you can honestly say that the exhaust sounds good on this car. It's a great car with a great engine, but the exhaust sounds terrible.

Yeah, I don't think "screams" necessitates "good" any more than "loud" does.

Users who are viewing this thread