Shelby GT350R Details

EditorTurner

Established Member
2016 Shelby GT350R Featured.jpg
’Bird Watching
Ten (or more) things you might not know about the R-model Shelby GT350
By Steve Turner
Photos by Steve Turner and courtesy of Ford Motor Company

Ford Performance created quite a frenzy at the North American International Auto Show this week by revealing three new high-performance masterpieces. Obviously, the big-gun Ford GT is grabbing most of the headlines, but in our world the Shelby GT350R—a.k.a. the Hummingbird 2—is a far more attainable dream car.
Continue reading →

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Nice!!! So good to know that the CF wheels will be black instead of gray. Not that it was going to deter me from buying one, but the black looks way better. Is there a higher resolution pic of it? The one in the article looks jittery when I fill my desktop with it.

I see the wing on the white car isn't the same as what's pictured on the blue car. They're both ugly, but the one on the blue car looks more serious/functional.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
You know a wing is functional when its ugly lol. Of the two though, i would take the one on the blue car.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Wow the headers look like a stepped, mid length version.

The larger diameter tube you see is that way because it pairs with one other tube prior to mating with the collector, hence the diameter change. Coyote engines (such as those in the Mustang - not the '15 though) previously used two paired tube connections such that only two tubes converged at the collector. The 5.2 only pairs up two tubes such that three tubes converge at the collector.

You know a wing is functional when its ugly lol.

Sad, but true.:)

Users who are viewing this thread