Shelby GT350 Intake Test

Sandeale

Established Member
Boss manifold should be good, an yea you select what you want on his website (bore is 99 shaft shave is 35) pay via paypal and ship it to him, i recommend usps priority....ill have mine tomorrow and will post pictures as well as a review

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
You had the GT350 TB bolted up to the GT350 IM and got surging? how can that be?

*edit. May be the CAI

Last edited:

Sandeale

Established Member
Has nothing to do with the cai, the gt350 utilizes an entirely different tps and drive gear ratio than the oem tb, it was something deep in the tune...not as simple as a cai

tek302

Established Member
Boss manifold should be good, an yea you select what you want on his website (bore is 99 shaft shave is 35) pay via paypal and ship it to him, i recommend usps priority....ill have mine tomorrow and will post pictures as well as a review

Look forward to it, keep us posted!

Sandeale

Established Member
Again, svtp for the win, i just appreciate the fact that you all a recetptive to the information unlike the other s550 forum where im being treated as though im somehow making money off of this setup, ill be sure to keep you guys posted....
I just hate that the majority of the 550 community is there instead of here..oh well, helps keep the riff raff out

thehunterooo

Established Member
Again, svtp for the win, i just appreciate the fact that you all a recetptive to the information unlike the other s550 forum where im being treated as though im somehow making money off of this setup, ill be sure to keep you guys posted....
I just hate that the majority of the 550 community is there instead of here..oh well, helps keep the riff raff out

That is why I left that forum after 1300+ posts, it is really bad. Thanks again for being a pioneer!!

Can't wait to see how the ported TB works out, if it dynos again at those same numbers that would be great, though with the headers as well there should be even more of a gain. The 350 TB might have been holding it back.

Sandeale

Established Member
No problem at all, got the headers installed (pypes, catted) after spending 6.5 hrs on my back in the driveway...they have great fitment with no clearance issues, and I reused all of the factory studs, I did however use the O2 extensions on both front sensors (widebands) I couldnt for the life of me see how to get any more slack out of the factory harness...the extensions looked well built, and shouldnt give me any trouble..

The bored tb came in, I couldn't get an accurate measurement, as my calipers somehow got warped but it was taken out to 84+ mm and the throttle reponse I liked about the gt350 tb is now back...so far datalogs look good I'll post results of the dyno, this will be a final dyno (headers and bored tb) until cams take place (maybe comp 2's) because I forgot I sent him a core to bore out with no electronics on it (freebie from a buddy that did a kennebell install) so it's too much hassle to swap TBs at this point.

What I will look for is a higher rpm peak befor hp starts to fall off.

Sandeale

Established Member
Eventually, it was hard enough convincing the wife to let me get the headers, tb ported and an mgw...i snuck a raceseng knob in there (highly recommend)....still waiting for the mgw to come in ahould be here monday

Users who are viewing this thread