Shaker 1000 issues

whitelightning9

Established Member
I have a Shaker 1000 sound system in my 07 GT500, the problem I have with it is the lights (turn on with parking/headlights) do not work, and neither does the line input. If I hook up an ipod and scroll through by pushing the Aux button it doesnt even have the line in option. My question is, does this radio require some type of programming? The car had 2600 miles on it when I bought it and I don't believe the previous owner ever put a CD in it let alone use the line input. The car has obviously sat for most of its life so I would think it could be possible to lose some type of programming if the battery wasn't maintained while stored. I am hoping it is an easy fix and I have not been able to find any concrete info. on this problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.

SteelTownStang

Established Member
There is a module located in the driver's side foot-well that synchronizes with the head unit. Your problem may be there... I had a programing issue w/my Shaker 1000 on my 08' GT500, which had to be re-synced with the module. Also, you typically cannot swap out the radio without replacing the module. Unfortunately, it’s more complicated than you think and will probably require a visit to the dealership. GL.

whitelightning9

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I was hoping it wasn't something like that although I had a feeling it could be, doesn't seem to be much info. Out there about this thing. most people say just swap the head unit, but I actually don't mind the factory one and would prefer to keep it in, just want to have it fully functional!

Users who are viewing this thread