Shaftmasters gt manual alum driveshaft

Anthony K

Established Member
I've dealt with Shaftmasters for YEARS and am looking forward to picking up the second gt manual driveshaft they have made on Wednesday next week and installing. A lucky bastard vendor will have the first one this weekend.

I will update this thread with weights and pictures weds night!:coolman:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I was trying to work with them to get one made for the EcoBoost manual but the plans just didn't materialize on my end. Shaftmasters makes great products. I hope to install one on one of our project cars some day soon.

Anthony K

Established Member
My grandfather was good friends with the owner. They are both past on now. But they all recognize my last name when I go in or call

Anthony K

Established Member
E3EDF4E8-EF95-4CCA-A4B0-8026DB141DED.gif

Bang

RSKtakR

Established Member
I don't see one for a manual trans 2015 GT on their website yet.. what did that set you back?

Last edited:

Anthony K

Established Member
Anthony, does the aluminum spacer shown below the driveshaft replace/eliminate the rubber guibo joint located between the fixed flange and the driveshaft?

Yes sir. That was the delay for all the manufactures when it came to the manual driveshaft

BMR Tech

Awesome!

The one we received will be seeing some Drag strip abuse Sunday at a track rental. 7k launches, woo hoo!

Anthony K

Established Member
im still a couple months away from the track. Damn michigan. Holy hell ford used a lot of really good blue locktite on the diff flange bolts. 'Twasnt easy getting the tap through to lean the threads, or ford didn't tap them all the way

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Anthony, is there a machined pilot on the adapter to fixed flange face as well? In my mind I can see the pilot bore being a tight fit on either the shaft or the flange if that is what is keeping the shaft U-joint concentric to the output shaft of the transmission (in addition to a close tolerance between the ID of the holes in the aluminum adapter and the OD of the bolts). If the fit is snug, I'd be sure to run a light coating of anti-seize inside the bore(s). Over time, I could see corrosion attempting to fuse everything together, much like an aluminum wheel can bond itself to a steel brake rotor at the hub.

Anthony K

Established Member
There's anti seize on it from the factory. The alum adapter had aerospace steel bushing inserts that contact the alum flange of the trans.

As with any steel to alum contact area, I use a little anti seize

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Anthony, with the disc coupler/guibo joint now replaced with a solid aluminum disc, do you notice any increase in driveline noise/feel?

Users who are viewing this thread