Shady Friend Need Ur Opinions

blackice

Resident F*#@head
Established Member
Hey guys I have a little problem i have this buddy sort of and he has a 99 z28 he says all that is done is intake headers and cut out and of course drag radial but when were on the highway he pull on me that was when i was stock now i have drag radials coldair and x pipe and we are spose to race at the track next week I honestly think he has cam and heads but you guys tell me by the way i have a 03 cobra 10th anniv. thanks

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
post pics of his rearend and we'll decide....

:lol:

How bad was he beating you when you were stock? I don't think it's unreasonalbe that he was beating you like that on the highway with the mods he says he has. Even with your mods it's going to be hard to beat him at the track. LS1 cars with built rearends and slicks/dr's are tough. Good luck. :beer:

blackice

Resident F*#@head
Established Member
he does spray but not when he races me but on the4 high way he was pulling on me by about 5-6 feet we are racing for money but he won't pop his hood or let me look at the car but i know he is not going to spray do you guys think i have a chance??

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Originally posted by blackice
he does spray but not when he races me but on the4 high way he was pulling on me by about 5-6 feet we are racing for money but he won't pop his hood or let me look at the car but i know he is not going to spray do you guys think i have a chance??

If he isn't gonna spray, then why would he mind you popping the hood? I say don't race him until he pops the hood.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Originally posted by blackice

if he is pulling you on highway rolls then chances are he has more than he is telling you:rolling:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister04L
:lol:

How bad was he beating you when you were stock? I don't think it's unreasonalbe that he was beating you like that on the highway with the mods he says he has.

If he's running with a stock LS1 cam, then simply changing the intake isnt bringing a whole lot to the table for him... As for the other mods, headers and cut out, I helped my buddy do both to his 98 Formula... His car is quick, but not anywhere close by any stretch of the imagination to my Cobra when it was stock (esspecially no where close from a roll)

With my experiences riding in and working on the LS1, I'm going to say that the guy is hiding something.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread