Several used 2020 GT500's

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Only problem is the 500 isn't actually $76k, ive been looking since Dec and have just now found a car @ msrp. Most 500's have large ADM's whereas the Hellcat Redeyes have discounts from Dodge
That’s not Fords fault. That’s the fault of the dealer. Don’t purchase from those dealers. You can’t blame Ford for selling a car for less than what others will pay for it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Who cares who's "fault" it is?

The fact is the 500 is not "76k". Dont be a bafoon.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
That’s not Fords fault. That’s the fault of the dealer. Don’t purchase from those dealers. You can’t blame Ford for selling a car for less than what others will pay for it.

It is actually Fords fault, they limit how many 500's they make a year. Chevy and Dodge produce as many vettes and Hellcats as they can sell which eliminates dealers being able to mark them up

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It is actually Fords fault, they limit how many 500's they make a year. Chevy and Dodge produce as many vettes and Hellcats as they can sell which eliminates dealers being able to mark them up
Ford has made some awful decisions in the last 5 years but this is not one of them. Why in the hell would they build 100k units of their $70k 500 and only sell 10k of them?

If someone would pay $100k for a $70k vehicle you and everyone else I know would except that $100k with no questions asked.

If you have a problem with this don’t buy any vehicles from those dealers that assign adm. Don’t like it don’t do business with them. Just buy from Nick!

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Ford has made some awful decisions in the last 5 years but this is not one of them. Why in the hell would they build 100k units of their $70k 500 and only sell 10k of them?

If someone would pay $100k for a $70k vehicle you and everyone else I know would except that $100k with no questions asked.

If you have a problem with this don’t buy any vehicles from those dealers that assign adm. Don’t like it don’t do business with them. Just buy from Nick!

Who's saying to build 100k gt500's, im saying build more than the 5k they currently limit them to. I haven't purchased from a dealer charging adm which is why I don't have a new 500, because the overwhelming majority of dealers have ADM's. I would love to buy from Nick, but I imagine he no longer has any g500 allocations available.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Who's saying to build 100k gt500's, im saying build more than the 5k they currently limit them to. I haven't purchased from a dealer charging adm which is why I don't have a new 500, because the overwhelming majority of dealers have ADM's. I would love to buy from Nick, but I imagine he no longer has any g500 allocations available.
I’m saying don’t purchase any vehicles from those that use adm. if we all did that dealers would lose a ton sales.

Have you asked about next years allocation? You also had plenty of opportunity to purchase through Nick. That’s on you. I think he sold 6 of them.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I’m saying don’t purchase any vehicles from those that use adm. if we all did that dealers would lose a ton sales.

Have you asked about next years allocation? You also had plenty of opportunity to purchase through Nick. That’s on you. I think he sold 6 of them.

1 dealership w/ 6 allocations is not meeting the needs of the Shelby enthusiast community unfortunately. Ive found a car msrp but now I have to see if its not too late to change options, otherwise I'll most likely be waiting for the 2021 order banks to open

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
1 dealership w/ 6 allocations is not meeting the needs of the Shelby enthusiast community unfortunately. Ive found a car msrp but now I have to see if its not too late to change options, otherwise I'll most likely be waiting for the 2021 order banks to open
Why, do you want more than 6 units?
Just get in early and you’re good. If you’re late you need to have patience.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Hellcats had them in early days. You still see them from time to time which is laughable. There was a dealer somewhere in FL that had a RE listed for $100k not that long ago LOL.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Why, do you want more than 6 units?
Just get in early and you’re good. If you’re late you need to have patience.

I don't need 6, I was referring to your comment about Nick having sold 6. Good dealers like Nick that will sell @ msrp sell their allocations quick, t leaving only the greedy dealerships with supply and ADM's.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don't need 6, I was referring to your comment about Nick having sold 6. Good dealers like Nick that will sell @ msrp sell their allocations quick, t leaving only the greedy dealerships with supply and ADM's.
You said 6 didn’t not meet the needs....I was questioning how many you needed to meet your needs. Because I believe that you would have been perfectly happy if you reacted to purchase from Nick if you were not late to the game.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
You said 6 didn’t not meet the needs....I was questioning how many you needed to meet your needs. Because I believe that you would have been perfectly happy if you reacted to purchase from Nick if you were not late to the game.

I wasn't ready to purchase a year ago, so yes I guess I'm late to the game. Doesn't change the fact that you should be able to purchase without an ADM all the time, not just when 1 dealership has allocations theyll sell @ msrp.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I wasn't ready to purchase a year ago, so yes I guess I'm late to the game. Doesn't change the fact that you should be able to purchase without an ADM all the time, not just when 1 dealership has allocations theyll sell @ msrp.
They people that were ready and did order a year ago are still waiting for their car. Why are you so special you get to jump the line?

Other dealers sell for msrp as well you just have to find them.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
They people that were ready and did order a year ago are still waiting for their car. Why are you so special you get to jump the line?

Other dealers sell for msrp as well you just have to find them.

Dont recall ever saying I was special or that I should be able to jump in line. I said you should be able to go to a dealership and buy a car @ msrp, this would be possible if Ford didn't limit them. Yes dealers do sell them @ msrp, ive found 1 dealer willing to sell @ msrp in 6 months of calling around, so again they are few and far between.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member

welcome to the free market where the market decides what a thing is worth.

if you don't see the value of a thing for a certain price buy something else.

its really simple. this is not a bug its a feature.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Dont recall ever saying I was special or that I should be able to jump in line. I said you should be able to go to a dealership and buy a car @ msrp, this would be possible if Ford didn't limit them. Yes dealers do sell them @ msrp, ive found 1 dealer willing to sell @ msrp in 6 months of calling around, so again they are few and far between.
You did. You stated that even though you were not ready to buy a year ago you should get your GT500 at msrp before those who did order and are still waiting.

You may not have meant it this way, but that’s how you sound. Good luck on finding one at msrp. They are out there.

Users who are viewing this thread