"Service Engine Soon"

VENOMOUSONE

Established Member
My "service engine soon" light came on tonight while I was driving home. I'm not really too sure why it would come on but I did recently have my exhaust done and CAI. I took a quick look under the car to see if the 02 sensor cables might be the cause but everything looks ok there. I had a shop install a catted bassani x-pipe about 2 months ago and I also installed upper and lower WMS CAI about 1 month ago. Could my problem be with the 02 sensors or the air temp sensor in the upper CAI?

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
could be your 02 sensors, sometimes the gas or air might set them off, its normal. just go to AutoZone and have them scan it and recode it =]

Mach0ne351

Established Member
bassani catted xpipes have the check engine light come on eventually.....

i had a catted bassani x, and it came on after like 12k-15k of driving. some people had theirs come on way sooner than mine did too. if the Check Engine Light comes on, that means it emissions related. i wouldnt worry........just gets some MIL eliminators, and youll be fine....or disconnect ur battery for 15minutes, and thatll erase all ur codes...

-marek

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Its true, the Bassani will cause your Check Engine light to come on even if it has cats. I had mine on, and my light came on as well. Like stated above, just get some MILS and that will fix your problem. Get the codes scanned anyway to make sure it is not anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread