Service Engine Soon Light?

Cobie03

Established Member
My Service Engine Soon light just came on yesterday while I was driving from work yesterday. I wasn't driving the car hard and the car only has 12k miles on it. The car runs good and has no problems; damn light just popped on out of nowhere! I am wondering if any one else has experienced this. I changed the oil about two months ago. Could this just be a way so Ford can get money from there customers to have the car serviced when nothing is wrong with it? LOL! What if I disconnect the battery will it reset the computer, or should I have it checked out?:shrug:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
could be a loose gas cap. go to autozone, they read codes for free. the dealer will rape you to the tune of 80 bux.

it could be nothing, but you should probably get it checked.

BittenInBama

Established Member
That happened on a car I previously owned....a Ford "tech" friend said to unplug battery overnight and see if light come back on next day. Tried that and it never came back on again. Was at about 15k miles.

But you cant beat the Autozone price either.

stock svt

Modular Doctor
Established Member
Originally posted by BittenInBama
That happened on a car I previously owned....a Ford "tech" friend said to unplug battery overnight and see if light come back on next day. Tried that and it never came back on again. Was at about 15k miles.

That does work but the only drawback is that if you don't have it cleared by a scanner it will stay in the history. Which really means nothing to normal people but if you ever put your car on a computer/scanner it will just be in the previous code list. Again which means nothing but if you start to have numerous codes after awhile it just makes things harder to "weed out" when troubleshooting.

stock svt

Modular Doctor
Established Member
Originally posted by BittenInBama

That does work but the only drawback is that if you don't have it cleared by a scanner it will stay in the history. Which really means nothing to normal people but if you ever put your car on a computer/scanner it will just be in the previous code list. Again which means nothing but if you start to have numerous codes after awhile it just makes things harder to "weed out" when troubleshooting.

Dale99SVT

Established Member
I had the check engine light come on twice in one week when I first bought my 99 Cobra. Each time the oxygen senser in the exhaust system was bad.It has been two years now and no problems with check engine light.The owners manual says that if the gas cap is not tight the light will come on.Hope this helps and good luck.
Dale

God

Established Member
i thought it was something when i first got mine...within the first month i got Service Engine Soon light...i panic'd, but it was nothing and my car runs great

Users who are viewing this thread