Service Engine Light

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
I finally got my A/F and boost gauge in and after I started the car my service engine light came on. If I take it to the dealer do you think they can or will void my warranty for it? I am just taking it there so they can turn off the service light. Thanks

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
go make a friend with a code scanner. its the modern equivelant to a pocket screwdriver. we can only GUESS that its the rear o2 sensor reading wrong (you installed a narrow band, right?) without scanning the trouble code. but i bet its your eye candy gauge connection to the o2 sensor.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
They can't void your warranty for just having them check an engine light. You may have to pay for the repairs but they have nothing to void your warranty for.

Silver 03 Cobra

Go to Autozone or Sears and pick up an Actron code scanner. Some models are as cheap as $40. Ford dealers will charge $75 to scan the code if it isn't warranty related. If it is the rear O2 sensor faulting from your AF gauge install you will be out $75 unless you know of a good dealer. You could have paid for the scanner from one visit to a Ford dealer.

If you are going to mod your car the scanner is a good investment. Mine has helped me and a few others a few times. You can clear the MIL by disconnecting the battery but more than likely it will come back.

SICKBOY

Established Member
auto zone pulls codes for free...but like everybody stated there good to have around

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Autozone pulls the code but they cannot pinpoint anything. They are a joke!

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
04cobratorchred said:
I called the auto zone by my house and the guy said that they didn't do that. Thanks though.

The Autozones around here don't clear the codes, but they will determine what the light is on for, or at least they should. I've taken my car, and a friends car there to decode. In one case, after buying the needed parts they cleared the code for my friend as well.

Users who are viewing this thread