Service AdvanceTrac Popup!

BairdGT

So today I go out for a random cruise cause I just needed to get out of the house..

Random back highway i find what looked to be a decent random spot to snap a few pictures as I came to a stop all of a sudden my steering wheel locks (full lockout) for about a second and both AdvanceTrac lights come on and the popup "Service AdvanceTrac" and then the popup disappeared.

I was like wtf.. Turn car off and back on all lights are off i'm like ok everything is good.. so I thought.. Get to stop sign a few miles down the road and go to make a left turn and the exact same thing happens.. lights come on and the popup and the popup disappears right away and the lights stay on until I drive for a minute then they go off but car feels like they are still off.

so turn car off and back on again.. drive for a bit come to a stop and accel and the exact same thing happens..

At this point i'm like ok what the hell is going on.. so I start trying a few other things to see if i can make it happen at will..

(these are all from a complete stop)
1st gear accel (normally) in a straight line.. does this probably every 3/5 times
1st gear accel (normally) left turn.. does this probably a good 4/5 times
1st gear accel (normally) right turn.. have yet to have it do it

2nd gear accel (normally) got it to do it maybe like 2-3 times out of 10
2nd gear accel (normally) left turn.. again rare maybe another 2-3 times out of 10
2nd gear accel (normally) right turn.. could not get it to do it and tried like a good 20 times.

Is this a common issue if like a wheel bearing or speed sensor is saying "F*ck you, I hate life"?

Any help would be appreciated before I take it to the dealer.

enrique_5.ohh

Established Member
I’m not a mechanic but I was experiencing something similar and checked the sensor and had some metal shaving I cleaned it up and I haven’t had that same issue since
Image1531617638.524982.jpg

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread