Service Advance Track Warning.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I got a service advance trac warning that came up on my screen and the car went into some sort of limp mode A/F was pegged at 20:1 and car almost didn't make it home I had 3/4 of a mile to go up hill to get home , the traction light in the dash and the advance trac light were both on and a wrench was also on in the dash just coming home from a 100 mile drive with some test and tune style driving as well. Anybody else have this happen?? No codes were present from it and I shut car off restarted and it did it again then I check for codes again and there were none so I cleared codes even though it said none present it said code cleared and started it back up and it was fine went for a short drive less then a mile and it seemed ok. I don't know what the heck caused it but I thought I read on here some other people had this problem and tried to search but nothing came up.

:bash:

tuffluvcapo

Established Member
I had this happen at the drag strip after 4 or 5 hard runs back to back. Mine didn't get sent into limp mode, but it disabled advancetrac temporarily. I turned the car off, restarted it and it went away. No idea what caused it and it never came back even after about 1000 miles of driving. It may be clutch related? Sorry I couldn't help more.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Sorry I couldn't help more.

Clutch Protection​
Your vehicle is equipped with an electronic powertrain feature to reduce
clutch damage. When excessive clutch slip is detected at a high power
level, the powertrain control module will limit torque to reduce damage
to the clutch. Full power is restored as soon as the clutch is fully
engaged. This feature is calibrated in a way that does not interfere with​
normal driving and does not impede maximum acceleration capability.

tuffluvcapo

Established Member
Clutch Protection​
Your vehicle is equipped with an electronic powertrain feature to reduce
clutch damage. When excessive clutch slip is detected at a high power
level, the powertrain control module will limit torque to reduce damage
to the clutch. Full power is restored as soon as the clutch is fully
engaged. This feature is calibrated in a way that does not interfere with​
normal driving and does not impede maximum acceleration capability.

Would this spur an Advancetrac Service Warning?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I don't have my GT500 yet but I think there is something in the programming Ford does that causes this as a protection of some sort. I got my Cobra new in 2003 and it went into limp mode very early on while on the freeway. I had been driving it hard and this kicked in afterwards. Since that time, it has never gone into limp mode again and I've had it for 10 years and 76k miles. Perhaps it's something that is just active when the cars are fairly new?

spazpilot

Established Member
I had this happen on my 11. It stayed on for a couple trips but by the time I made it to the dealer the light went away. Never went to limp mode though. Dealer was able to see it in the ECU but also didn't know what caused it. Thay said that if it came back again they would replace some module. It never happened again on the 11. I haven't seen it on the 13 yet.

mullens

Established Member
I had this happen at the drag strip after 4 or 5 hard runs back to back. Mine didn't get sent into limp mode, but it disabled advancetrac temporarily. I turned the car off, restarted it and it went away. No idea what caused it and it never came back even after about 1000 miles of driving. It may be clutch related? Sorry I couldn't help more.

Same here. Happened once in my ’10. Restarted and never happened again. No limp mode just the light.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
maybe the car does once to "learn" your driving style and it reprograms itself.....:lol1:

BOD89LX

Established Member
Went for a short drive today and no problems but I am still amazed at how fast this car feels in 40 degree temp's.

Users who are viewing this thread