Serious Beatdown

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Poor dog.. I would have ran over and helped that poor little guy out.. And prob. shot the deer since he was going ape shit on the dog.

sooo...you would have protected the dog from the deer...just like the deer was protecting its young from the dog?

i guess animals are animals

endless381

Established Member
I would have like to see that deer charge a mean ass pitbull!!Now that would have been a good fight

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Here's an idea, don't let your pets run loose in the neighborhood. What happened is completely the dog/cat owner's fault. They could have just as easily have been hit by a car.

ster!nn

Established Member
From the vid.

A newborn fawn creates a dangerous situation when mom gets protective. Starts cute, ends scary.

I cut the footage because I ended up filming the dog's owner, whose privacy had to be protected. (How or why I filmed her, I can't say. I was too shocked to think, it's not like I expected any of this to happen.)

The dog eventually left limping—since posting here we have been able to contact the lady. THE DOG IS OKAY, but traumatized.

River, my deer-whispering cat, is fine—we'll see if he learned his lesson.

We did call animal control, there was "nothing they could do" to prevent further trouble.

Yes, my being there filming contributed to the problem, stressing the doe. And yes, I feel bad about it.

I didn't post this so it could go viral and I could receive comments from all over (some of those were great, thank you), I posted it so people in this area can measure the importance of the problem and maybe come up with ways to avoid similar or worse incidents.

Should I have stopped filming and helped the dog? Frankly, this turned ugly so fast I had no time to think, I had no clue what I could do, other than show how swiftly these innocuous looking animals can become dangerous.

Had I intervened, by the time I'd found some broomstick, the dog might have been spared three seconds of this ordeal, but I wouldn't have this footage to share and get people thinking about how urgent it has become to find ways to address the situation. Hearing about the event wouldn't have the same impact, would it?

This is not about an individual deer, we have hundreds roaming around. To the gun lovers out there: I know zip about hunting, yet I'm positive that opening fire two blocks from an elementary school would have been frowned upon. When I advocate for government intervention, I suggest the job would require professionals or even amateurs who would avoid killing animals indiscriminately. And I don't even know that the solution would be to slaughter these animals. (In Churchill, Manitoba, they relocate the polar bears who come to town. Granted, those are endangered.)

So, no, I'm not sorry for filming and posting this scene. This is not about spreading some sick, voyeuristic fun.

My children live here. Kids walk to school every day. I'd feel a lot better if I knew none of them would ever think to pet a fawn. I may not have helped this poor dog, I sure believe I might still get to help others.

For one thing- this is a wild animal and the retarded notion that a deer is cute and cuddly is only a Disney fairytale. Anyone with any common sence knows that. Any wild animal will be wild- any mother animal protects their young. Deer are bred specifically to be fearful of dogs. ie/coyotes. That's a response I could have foreseen a mile away.

I say stupid ass owner for not having a leash on their dog and stupid ass neighborhood allowing that deer into town. You can't tell me that people didn't "ooooo - aaaah the deer's so cute!" and enabled this to happen. We could be green-weenies about it and blame society for encrouching onto the deers habitat, or we could be smarter, and manage the fact that animals will always slowly de-sensitize themselves to people and come into town. Relocation, hunting, and putting problem animals down- management.

I gurandamntee that dog won't **** around with bigger 4 legged animals any more- just like dogs learn not to **** with horses. I wouldn't bet that the owners or the neighborhood learned a whole lot from the ordeal though. That video is full chalk full of stupid.

Root cause- wtf is a deer doing in town?

And you're afraid of the deer attacking your children now? If you tought your kids any common sence they'd know not to jack around with wild animals.

I'd be more afraid of the totally moronic neighborhood you filmed that in.

And polar bears being endangered? The only thing endangering about a polar bear is being in ones way between meals.

boduke0220

Established Member
The cat was f'ing hilarious, that guy moved out fastt hahahaha.

and guys come on,its mother nature this probably happens 100 times a day, I have 2labs and they've killed a good sized buck before. one jumped on its back and the other took its legs out then they broke its neck and paralized it, pretty cool. its just nature.

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
I saw this yesterday and wanted to see if the dog made it out alive. I googled deer attacking dog, and I got a few news stories about this happening.
It has happened about three or four times in the area.
One time a deer jumped into the back yard and attacked a dog.
One guy had an invisible fence for his dog, which kept the dog in but also let the deer in to attack it.
They even had one guy get attacked. He had to have over 200 stiches and ended up dieing soon after do to a brain hemmorage.
They are talking about humans moving in to the animals normal habitat and the animals running out of natural places to live.
Id definitely be on gaurd if I lived in the area.

SOHC46

Super Poster!
Established Member
Ironically enough this has happened to my dog. My neighbor has a deer feeder in his back yard, and there is approximately one hundred acres of woods behind our houses. One night, while I was in the back yard walking my dog (on a leash), my dog spotted a deer and took off at full speed towards it. My dog (herin called Koda-female Golden Retriever) was able to pull the leash out of my hand.

As Koda went after the deer, it took off through the woods. I followed as fast as possible. After maybe two minutes the deer figured out she was bigger than my dog, and stood her ground. Koda, never having seen a deer before just wanted to play with it. The deer did not feel like playing so much. As I was approaching Koda and the deer, I witnessed the deer raise up on her back legs and deliver a couple of hard blows to Koda's neck and side. At which time I began yelling loudly, and looking for a weapon. I found a fallen tree branch near by, picked it up, (and while yelling like a caveman) proceeded to beat the snot out of the deer.

I only managed to get one hit in on the deer before it backed up, and stared me down. I then took my tree branch, and gave it a good Spartan spear throw striking the deer in the side of the neck. Subsequently the deer decided it no longer wanted any trouble, and ran off.

I was mad as hell and wanted to tear that deer a new one. But in its defense. It was only protecting itself from Koda's deadly kisses. I am lucky that the deer ran off or it would have probably torn me a new one! BTW, Koda was okay, just sore. Now when she sees a deer, she stands her ground and growl's. LOL.

almostfinished

Established Member
I love all the comments on you guys beatin the hell out of the deer. I'm sure that would happen. Without some type of weapon you would get your ass kicked just like the dog. Sucks alot for the dog, but he/she should have been on a leash. Deer are wild animals and she was protecting her young. No animals to blame

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Damn! I'm fortunate this never happened to my dog. I used to have a little Cocker Spaniel that used to chase deers away from my backyard. They always ran away before she remotely got close to them though.

Poor dog.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I love all the comments on you guys beatin the hell out of the deer. I'm sure that would happen. Without some type of weapon you would get your ass kicked just like the dog. Sucks alot for the dog, but he/she should have been on a leash. Deer are wild animals and she was protecting her young. No animals to blame

I agree, but I would protect my pet just the same. I also agree that kicking that deers ass without a weapon would be very difficult, if not damn near impossible.

They're fast, and they're heavy. What are you gonna do punch it in the face, tackle it? :D

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67FDuCvObBM"]YouTube- DEER VS MAN[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread