September Gathering

03snkvert

Established Member
Would anyone here be interested in some kind of End of Summer get together some time towards the end of September or First of October.

I would like to spend a little more time cruising around this time!

But I don't know whether it would be better to meet at Saylorville or something and Grill some food and have a pot luck type of deal and then go cruising, or meat at saylorville and cruise around and then find a resturaunt to hit at the end of the cruise.

What do you guys think. Any other ideas would be great.

Corey

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I know my supervisor is taking some time off in September, so one of those weeks is going to be a busy one for me. But otherwise, I'd be interested in doing something else again. Still have your big sign sitting in my spare bedroom.

03snkvert

Established Member
One of these days I should really stop by and pick that up, unless you are going to be in Altoona some time!

See if you can find out what date, and we can work around it. I don't want to have to do as much this time. If we do a BBQ we will just have to try and get to Saylorville or Big Creek to snatch a grill up.

zeus201

Established Member
I really do not want to carry around a cooler again...but a bbq does sound like a decent idea.

I'm all for extended cruising around.

Maybe we should meet a starting location and take a few pictures, and give everybody a map just in case they are not from the area. Head out for a decent cruise through the area and then end up at a spot to eat. Then people have the option of going home or perhaps and this a long shot, head over to Porky's if it is still open and go to carnite over there.

Ryan

Boss_302

Established Member
would like to make it if i can get my motor fixed by then but im not going to hold my breath cuz i have not had a chance to pull it out of the car and tear into it.

03snkvert

Established Member
I have a couple, but iintrest seems to have fizzled out.

I still think we need to meet up, go for a cruise, and then end up at a place to eat!

I figure, we could set up a couple check points to take pics, and also allow the group to catch up.

Heck, maybe we could roll to Council bluffs or something and meet up with some of the Nebraska guys.

zeus201

Established Member
It seems like it any interest has gone away. Cruising over to Council Bluff could be something to do.

The Ice Cream cruise they just had looked pretty cool and I noticed on the pictures some of the cars there from Polk county.

03snkvert

Established Member
Hell, we could cruise up to Iowa City and meet some of the Cedar Rapids Guys!

03snkvert

Established Member
If we don't do a cruise I am still thinking about Cruising up to Newton for the Car Show Sunday October 19th. Anyone else interested?

Users who are viewing this thread