sensor question

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
No. The A/F doesn't look too bad. It looks like it could use some tweaking on the bottom end. But it doesn't look bad to me.

99riodragon

Established Member
So if the afr is not to bad then whats the reason for the bad gas mileage,140 to a tank is horrid.i know its a blown cobra but it should be over 200 to a tank.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You'll probably gain something with a custom tune. But depending on how you drive 140 miles per tank isn't unheard of. I get 170ish with a mix of short freeway trips and lots of stop lights.

99riodragon

Established Member
Dude I drive like a grandma,i was shifting at 2g lately I went up to 3g.its been realy short city driving where you drive one block or two and there is a stop sign.so now im inkansas and my job is 30 miles one way off the highway ill see what the mileage is like.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Dude I drive like a grandma,i was shifting at 2g lately I went up to 3g.its been realy short city driving where you drive one block or two and there is a stop sign.so now im inkansas and my job is 30 miles one way off the highway ill see what the mileage is like.

That's probably a good bit of it right there. Stop and go kill the mileage on these motors. And shifting at 2k is a little low. I shift 3-3200 when just driving normally. If you can get some decent cruising time in then I'm sure you'll see a bump in mileage.

The dip looks like it's inline with the A/F dropping. Might something with the timing dropping which causes the A/F to go rich.

Users who are viewing this thread