sensor question

99riodragon

Established Member
i left Justin at vmp tuning a pm but haven't heard from him yet.if i can get a good hand held and a spot on tune from a provider of the board then ill go that way instead of some one else and hoping for the best.

99riodragon

Established Member
freak me.auto zone finally got my ngk tr6 plugs in.so i picked em up today and threw them in.gaped at .32 it is a night and day difference in how the car responds and feels.the autozone part number on the box is 4177 for those like me just getting into the blower world,and wondering what plugs to get and having hassles with dip stick auto zone people who cant figure out how to find what plug is 1 or 2 heat ranges colder.thanks for the help guys.

99riodragon

Established Member
anyone have experience with the ecm chips that come along with supercharger kits.such as the one in the paxton novi 1000rr kit.is this calibrated for proper a/f or is this a bs band aid untill you can get a real tune.just looking for the bad gas mileage culprit.ive done everything else so everything points to this.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I went from Autolites to NGKs. The driveability is a lot better with the NGKs. Of course that could also be because one of my Autolites seperated the ceramic from the metal.

I've never dealt with the canned tunes from the blower companies. But I do know they're on the conservative side. I've seen A/F in the low 10's with those tunes. And I'm sure the spark timing is on the low side. So it is possible it affects mileage. Is your EGR turned off?

99riodragon

Established Member
sorry to sound stupid but how would i know if the egr is turned off.it has a chip provided by paxton in the ecm.and it isnt pulling any codes anymore.so im assuming that all is working good and the ecm chip is causing the rich condition to safe guard the motor for boost conditions,thus causing the horrid gas mileage.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
There's no external way to tell the EGR is turned off. I have mine turned off, but all the equipment is still there. You should get a custom tune. You'll notice a difference in the way the car runs.

99riodragon

Established Member
ok,strapped it to the dyno last night,and i made 432hp and 384.37tq. my graph doesn't show rpm its show mph and hp.so it starts lean at about 55mph and the afr looks like almost 16.at about 80mph it cools out to 12.5-13 at 90mph it beginning to richen up 12-11.9 and stays at that afr till about 128mph where it goes way fat at 11.06afr.the guy who owns the shop said no doubt its a mass air meter going bad or is bad judging by the way power drops and the afr looks.he said the way the power curve is,if i had a good mass air it would have made 460-470 no problem.i cant post the graph cause my scanner is packed away for the move to colorado so if some one else wants to do it for me hit me up with your cell number and ill get you a pic to post for me.

Last edited:

99riodragon

Established Member
and i want to say thanks soooo freaking much to cody at wicked hp here in las vegas,nv 702 279-0584. and i have no boost gauge so i have no clue what the boost pressure was.cody spent a good amount of time with me that he didnt have to explaining things so i could understand it all,and the way things work in the ecm.this guy cares about his customers happiness.

99riodragon

Established Member
Ok,cant wait for the internet to get connected today,so I can post the graph.i was so happy to see it maKE 432 to the tires.cant wait to fix the mass air and see the outcome.

99riodragon

Established Member
For some reason my pc isnt letting me upload the dyno sheet,can some one upload this for me so I can get your thoughts.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You need to host it from a site like photobucket or imageshack.

I was looking over your post again. Without an RPM scale it's going to be hard to tell you anything. My speed at 3000rpm is different then your speed at 3000rpm. That being said, your AFR doesn't necessarily mean the MAF is bad. It could just be the tune. If your MAF was bad I think you'd notice issues throughout the rpm band. It really sounds like you just need a good tune.

99riodragon

Established Member
Ill ask cody to transfer the data into rpm from mph,i do remembet cody saying the power curve was nice and smooth and in his opinion I didnt need a tune I needed a mass air meter.thats why im asking you fellas for help.my brand new dyno sheet is ruined so cody is suppose to email it to me.if I dont have to get a tune I wont,my wife is plenty pissed about buyin this car and having to dish out more cash to fix this.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
That's partly why we need to see the graph with the RPM scale. If you're around 2000rpm when it's still lean I wouldn't worry as much. But if you're 3000-3500 and you're showing 16 then I would worry. If you get a MAF you're going to need a tune anyway.

99riodragon

Established Member
Still waiting on cody,if I replace the alleged bad lightning mass air with a new one I shouldnt need a tune if that was the issue. This ecu has a canned tune from paxton.i do feel bettet with dyno tune but here in goodland kansas there arent any tuners nor dynos.let me call this cat again.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Dyno4.gif

Dyno3.gif

Dyno2.gif

Dyno.gif

Users who are viewing this thread