Selling my car

baby_gonzo

Established Member
Whers the best place to post to sell my 03 dsg?

I tried ebay, but not much luck. Tried posting on here, but i dont have very many posts, so it didnt post. Any suggestions? I was wanting to avoid craigslist, but if people had good luck, i might try.

weaselp1

Established Member
I have sold my last 4 cars on craigslist and have had no problems. Just beware of scam artists!

+1 on be CAREFUL with scam artists...cash in hand or go to the bank with the person to make sure that the check they give you is valid....I had a friend get scammed with a fake cashiers check ..it was only $1500 or so, but your DSG is going to fetch alot more $$$$, so be careful. GLWS:rockon:

Adamn

Established Member
I found my cobra on craigslist and have tried to sell vehicles on there and it was a pain in the ass with people saying they want it and never showing to look at it and the pre recorded messages saying they r looking for vehicles like yours or guaranteeing they can sell it in 60 days

RedfireSVT

Established Member
craigslist works but it is full of spam and scam. just be careful. i only do cash in hand deals and if it sounds shady i don't even bother.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have had good luck both on Ebay, as well as Craigslist, but as others mentioned, you have to do your due diligence as there are a ton of scammers out there. Just remember "cash is king". If you must deal with a bank check for some reason, as others said, make sure that it has cleared at your bank prior to releasing title to your car. I sold My '65 Cobra replica for almost $60k on Ebay a few years ago, and did it by wire transfer. Because it was international (and I didn't trust that at all), I set up a specific bank account not tied to my other accounts to receive the transfer, then closed it immediately as soon as the funds were released to ensure there would be no chance of some type of reversal. I also ended up holding the car for a couple of months due to logistics in getting it shipped to Germany on the seller's end, so there was no chance of me getting scammed. The number one rule is that the car (or at least the title) does not leave your possession until you are positive that the funds have cleared.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
What are the details on the car? Never know, a conversation here could spark a sale. DSG's are sought after...

87poopstang

Established Member
I bought mine on c/list. I always sell cars/bikes on there without a problem

baby_gonzo

Established Member
Thanks all. Thats good information. I might try craigslist and see. Its free so it might not hurt. Whats everyones rule of thumb for test drives?

I tried posting here, but not enough posts. Said its waiting on moderator. Shoot me an email if you want details. [email protected]

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks all. Thats good information. I might try craigslist and see. Its free so it might not hurt. Whats everyones rule of thumb for test drives?

I tried posting here, but not enough posts. Said its waiting on moderator. Shoot me an email if you want details. [email protected]

Why are you selling? Hate to loose another Wichita Cobra owner. PM me info and on the car. I know some one that may be interested. Mileage, condition, Mods, how many owners, accidents, etc.

As far as test drives go I feel them out as far as letting them drive. If it is someone older, or someone that has there sh*t together I will let them drive. But with a Cobra I am going along for the ride regardless!

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Why are you selling? Hate to loose another Wichita Cobra owner. PM me info and on the car. I know some one that may be interested. Mileage, condition, Mods, how many owners, accidents, etc.

As far as test drives go I feel them out as far as letting them drive. If it is someone older, or someone that has there sh*t together I will let them drive. But with a Cobra I am going along for the ride regardless!

You bring up another good point with regard to test driving. I always clearly state in my ads "No test pilots!" This is because with any high performance car like this you will undoubtedly have several "tire kickers" who have always wanted to drive one of these, but have no intention of actually following through with a purchase (or even have the cash to do so). Any toy car or motorcycle that I own generally speaks for itself, so there is no need to for anyone to test drive it unless they are a serious buyer, and that is the final detail before completing the deal.

baby_gonzo

Established Member
For those that asked, it is a 54,xxx mile, with minimal mods. Still has stock pulley and tune. Hopefully I can post on the market here soon. I was going to aim for 20,500 for price. Clean title in my hands. Very clean car. Didn't seem to far out of line in price. Let me know though.

cj428mach

Established Member
For those that asked, it is a 54,xxx mile, with minimal mods. Still has stock pulley and tune. Hopefully I can post on the market here soon. I was going to aim for 20,500 for price. Clean title in my hands. Very clean car. Didn't seem to far out of line in price. Let me know though.

I'll tell you my thoughts on your car......

I'm looking to replace my car with a lower mileage Cobra. I check craigslist and svtp market place daily. I saw your Cobra on ebay and thought to myself that's odd that I never saw that car for sale on Craigslist or svtp.

If you check EBAY cars seem to be really cheap there. There was a guy selling a mint 03 Torch Red 10th Anniversary car for $22500 buy it now with 13k miles on it nothing more than a catback and it never sold.

If I was you I'd sell the wheels separately they look expensive and a lot of people will have a hard time paying 20k+ for a 50k+ mile cobra. The spoiler delete kind of killed it for me too, I don't know what everyone else thinks of them but to me the spoiler screams Terminator.

baby_gonzo

Established Member
I'll tell you my thoughts on your car......

I'm looking to replace my car with a lower mileage Cobra. I check craigslist and svtp market place daily. I saw your Cobra on ebay and thought to myself that's odd that I never saw that car for sale on Craigslist or svtp.

If you check EBAY cars seem to be really cheap there. There was a guy selling a mint 03 Torch Red 10th Anniversary car for $22500 buy it now with 13k miles on it nothing more than a catback and it never sold.

If I was you I'd sell the wheels separately they look expensive and a lot of people will have a hard time paying 20k+ for a 50k+ mile cobra. The spoiler delete kind of killed it for me too, I don't know what everyone else thinks of them but to me the spoiler screams Terminator.

Thanks for the feedback. The spoiler debate can go on for ever. The spoiler delete was the reason I bought this car. Your not the only one that doesn't like without spoiler. Someone called me on it, and said if it was there, they would buy it.

I might try craigslist and svpt and see what happens. I have no reason to sell other then I never drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread