Selling help!

14coyote6669

Established Member
So after about a month of thinking and debating I came to the decision that I will be selling my mustang, it is a 2014 gt, Sterling grey mt82, about 105,000 miles on body and around 45,000 on the motor. (Killed the original motor last year lol) I have a dealer that is interested in buying it already but I'm curious what you guys think I could get from a private sale? I owe 10,500 still so I know it'll be a process getting rid of it unfortunately. Not heavily modded, just intake, BMR springs and panhard bar, muffler delete, resonator delete, stage 1 clutch and that's about it. Body is in decent shape. New England weather so it has it's flaws of course. Really bummed out about selling it but I've had my fun with her and I'm finally ready to build a harley bobber and I definently won't be able to afford both. Any input will help me out guys! Cheers

Sent from my SM-S727VL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
You DEFINITELY will get more out of private party, but you have to deal with the broke ass tire kickers to get to someone willing to be an adult and purchase the car.

I tried for 3 months to sell my F150, and after 25k offer after 25k offer, I traded it into a used car dealer for $36.5k.....lololol they put it on the front of their lot as an advertisement piece, so worked out well for me.

So up to you - make a bit more money with LOTS more time invested, or take a bit of a hit, and 'pay' for ease / convenience at dealer. Keep in mind, they're a business and need to make money.

14coyote6669

Established Member
You DEFINITELY will get more out of private party, but you have to deal with the broke ass tire kickers to get to someone willing to be an adult and purchase the car.

I tried for 3 months to sell my F150, and after 25k offer after 25k offer, I traded it into a used car dealer for $36.5k.....lololol they put it on the front of their lot as an advertisement piece, so worked out well for me.

So up to you - make a bit more money with LOTS more time invested, or take a bit of a hit, and 'pay' for ease / convenience at dealer. Keep in mind, they're a business and need to make money.
Yeah that is exactly what I'm worried about is people just wanting a joyride that have no real interest in buying. Thanks for the feedback dude

Zemedici

Established Member
Yeah that is exactly what I'm worried about is people just wanting a joyride that have no real interest in buying. Thanks for the feedback dude

I never let them drive unless I had cash in my hand. I would drive, and if they're serious, they'll understand.

Users who are viewing this thread