Selling 03 tvs cobra for 16 roush phase 1/2

NiceCobra

Established Member
I've been going back and forth about selling my 03 tvs cobra and getting into a 16 gt base model with roush phase 1 or 2 blower
I'm mainly wanting To do this strictly for warranty sake so I guess phase 1 would be the only logical option. I just want to bring the car out and rip on it without having to worry about anything
Has anyone went from an upgraded blower terminator to a new 5.0 with roush blower? Are you satisfied with the power the phase 1 brings?
This is strictly a weekend car .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
My friend who has owned many saleens, cobras/ 03 cobras, his most recent cars were 2 diffrent gtr's 1 stock 1 modded, a lingfelter zr1 corvette 2 diffrent single turbo supras a kb saleen cobra and a 740rwhp full bolt on 2013 shelby, he just picked up a new 2016 roush stage 3. its stock with 670hp and he loves it. they have the option for phase 3 which ups the horsepower to 0ver 800hp but that has no warranty.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I went from a 521 whp apten ported 03 to a roush 585 whp 2011 5.0 and will NEVER go back to a terminator. The 2015 I have a vmp gen 2 stg 2 and it's even more fun than the 11. But haven't dynod it yet.

Better chassis, more stable car, no creaks and rattles of the 25 year old band aided chassis of the terminator, leaps and bounds better car all around.

Unless you just like the idiosyncrasies of the sn95 (updated fox) chassis, you won't regret it in the least.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea I'm not looking to go full out roush. But I know the roush ford dealers are throwing out the deals for 16 base models with roush phase 1 670crank hp for 38k woth warranty
And roush phase 2 727crank hp for 39k

NiceCobra

Established Member
Does it have the violent punch of the terminator? That's what I really love about my car. Your go wot and it throws you in the seat

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Does it have the violent punch of the terminator? That's what I really love about my car. Your go wot and it throws you in the seat

Yep. But better because smooth and predictable. If using a manual I would save up for half shafts though. An auto (my current confjg) you have some leeway

mixedup

Established Member
yes you will like it ..

Yep. But better because smooth and predictable. If using a manual I would save up for half shafts though. An auto (my current confjg) you have some leeway

I've had a 03 Cobra with upgrades at just under 500 RWHP - LOVED the car at the time, then a 13 GT500 stock it was a beast - now in a 16 GT with the Roush 670 Supercharger Kit (like you wanted the warranty for at least 3 years then upgrade for $1K to the 720 kit) and an AUTO tran's - when in sport and Auto, the car is easy and fun to drive - when in Sport and Manual shifting with the paddles - it can be a beast.

Love the SC from Roush, warranty and most importantly the refinements of the new gen Mustang.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea I'm right around 580 whp in my cobra now.
I do absolutely love the car but I keep thinking to myself if my motor does end up going. That's $12k out of pocket and that 12k can go to a brand new car with a warranty with a little less hp

Asylum938

Established Member
Just traded my pullied 03 for a 16gt base pp car, and while I miss the power I would never go back, it's a much much better car.

With the roush blower I think you'll be very happy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea it just sucks I can't test drive one with the phase 1 blower already installed.
I would have to test drive a base and go with my gut

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Platform of the newer 5.0 is nice, but it's the looks department that kills it for me. I still think the terminator looks much better. What ever makes you happy!

thekanezzi

Established Member
I had a 611rwhp tvs 5.0 (2013) and now I have a 505 rwhp cobra. As stated, the newer car is a nicer car but I much prefer the cobra.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea I didn't really like the looks of the new gt at first but they are growing on me.
But yea I do think the terminator looks much better and you never see them on the road

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Yea I didn't really like the looks of the new gt at first but they are growing on me.
But yea I do think the terminator looks much better and you never see them on the road

That's a regional thing. Terminates or everywhere here. You almost can't help but trip over them at cruise ins and the strip.

I do admit I was head over heels over the 15 the moment they debuted. I didn't care for the 11-12 but the 5.0 was so awesome I settled.

Users who are viewing this thread