Sell Cobra for Roots Blown Gt???

fmhscopeland1

Established Member
Ok i really want a Kb roots blower so i think that i might sacrafice my cobra for a new gt and put their top psi intercooled blower onto it instead of keeping the cobra and doing the D1SC on it and tunnin about 15 psi. i think that i will have moe fun with the roots system. well i need input on what to do. i have seen graphs of gt's that have like 400+hp with the roots so i figure that this will be enough. well thanks

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
I bolted on a vortech 8 psi kit on my 98 cobra and have 425 hp. stock vortech kit. no new injectors or anything complicated just their base kit. I installed it over a weekend in my front yard too.

hj16

Established Member
A Cobra with a built motor and a D1SC@15psi will be a monster. I've seen people with D1's at 10psi on a stock motor make 530rwhp/430rwtq. With 15psi the numbers will be insane.

The new KB for 2Vs make amazing numbers though. You could find a 99GT for $9000, get a built shortblock $3000, and the 12?psi Kit from KB $5000 and make a safe 450rwhp/450+rwtq

Good luck in whatever you choose.

white99gt

Established Member
Originally posted by fmhscopeland1
Ok i really want a Kb roots blower so i think that i might sacrafice my cobra for a new gt and put their top psi intercooled blower onto it instead of keeping the cobra and doing the D1SC on it and tunnin about 15 psi. i think that i will have moe fun with the roots system. well i need input on what to do. i have seen graphs of gt's that have like 400+hp with the roots so i figure that this will be enough. well thanks

Why give the cobra up .Just install a KB on it:idea: .THe offer a Kb for the regular cobras to.

http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/mustang-cobra46/mustangcobra46.htm

white99gt

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Sell Cobra for Roots Blown Gt???

Originally posted by hj16
Its not out yet. Supposedly next Spring. But that'd be the second time they've said that.

Didnt know that ,but they did the same thing to the 2v guys.It was coming for ever.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
just FYI -- you can get a SMOKING deal on a 2003 GT right now.. here in Atlanta they are going for 18k Loaded.. leather/Cd/ etc

Users who are viewing this thread