Sell 2009 CTSV for 2009 Z06?

RED99COBRA

Established Member
I have the itch for something different. I have 2 options:

1. Trade in my 2009 bone stock near flawless CTSV with 41,000 miles (own it outright) on a 2009 Atomic Orange Z06 with 11500 miles that they are asking $44k for. The Z06 is on the showroom floor and is perfect in every way.

2. Put the Lingenfelter 630 HP kit (pully, intake, tune, thermostat) and a Corsa catback on my V that will cost about $3000 total.

I really enjoy the V and have had it for 6 years but im itching for more performnce.

I know they are two totally different cars, and each scratches a particular itch.

What do you guys think?

MysticRob

Established Member
I like the idea of upgrading the -V cuz it fits more people and stuff in it. The 'vette just doesn't have as much utility or usefulness in my mind.

bokyo1987

Established Member
The Vs just seem much classier than most C6 models. Bolt-ons and e85 should liven up the V's performance quite a bit.

Kiohtee

Established Member
My vote personally is to keep the V and mod it. Don't get me wrong, I love the C6 Z cars, but CTS-Vs have a special place in my heart.

I wish I could afford a CTS-V wagon. :thumbsup:

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I'll just leave this here...
IMG_20150717_194000993_zpszhvkxcoj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Keep the V they are awesome cars! The one that has this setup runs 10 flat all day

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
The v is an amazing daily. If you plan on using it day to day, mod the v. The vette is better if you're going to track the car. The caddy will be faster in a straight line with mods, no doubt

Blown 89

Established Member
Keep the V. Make sure you listen to someone with a Corsa exhaust, they are rather subtle. I have their exhaust on my V and sometimes i wish it was louder because while it sounds like sex on the outside its inaudible inside the car.

hotford

Established Member
V spec all the way....for some reason when people get vettes they become azzholes...............lol

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
Mod the V. It fulfills the gearhead desires and is so useful in day to day life.

630hp in a usable, comfy awesome platform is the winner in my book.

EB85

Established Member
+Another CTS-V vote. I have liked those from the very first ones through the wagon and coupe. Comfy, quick, sleeper to the max and respond to mods like any other LS vehicle. What else do you need?

RED99COBRA

Established Member
Well guys, thanks for the responses. I went ahead and ordered the Lingenfelter 630 hp kit and the corsa sport exhaust. Ill let you know how the install goes.

Users who are viewing this thread