Self ported blower pic's and numbers

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^You can pm or email me anytime you would like to. Sometimes it might take a day or so for me to respond but it's no problem at all.

Othic

Established Member
My port progress

Heres a few pictures of my port. It already had some port work that was not done by me. This is my first time porting. What do you think of it so far? Im not done yet. I still have to work on it a bit more obviously. Are there any suggestions you might have?

IMG_20110720_093405.jpg

IMG_20110720_142038.jpg

IMG_20110720_153334.jpg

IMG_20110720_161854.jpg

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Here is where it broke through, Posi! I will use the tip you gave me to patch it unless you see where another measure needs to be taken.
Presentation1.jpg

Disregard the discoloration below it, all I can think is the flash made the oil I was using to keep the bit from gumming up shine. I had the oil everywhere LOL!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Don't do that large of a second hole. Maybe half of that or leave the other one. If you do the blower will peak a little bit earlier in the rpm's and then fall off faster afterwards.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'd probably just use JB Weld and call it done. Just clean the hole with brake cleaner really good before the installation.

crazycarlo

Established Member
what does it mean when people talk about welding the TB and plenum?

Also after looking at my plenum and thinking about porting I noticed there are some spots inside where it looks like if you were to port then your deff going to make holes. How much do you port a plenum?

BBCOBRA

Established Member
that's exactly what they mean by welding the plenum. If you round the curve out on the plenum you will expose a hole. They just weld up some material in this indention in the elbow and then port the inside, making a smooth transition from the TB to the blower inlet.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
what does it mean when people talk about welding the TB and plenum?

Also after looking at my plenum and thinking about porting I noticed there are some spots inside where it looks like if you were to port then your deff going to make holes. How much do you port a plenum?

The large spots you can do some cutting on and actually quite a bit but you have to be careful. As you're cutting it you can feel underneath where your cutting to see if it's getting really hot or you can tap around with something to see how hollow the sound is getting.

I've done dyno testing on a welded plenum and a non-welded plenum and my car put out the same numbers with both of them on it. It was dyno'd with a 2.9/6lb combo on it too. If nothing shows up there then nothing is going to show up on an upper only car imo. Same day testing with the car staying strapped down on the dyno.:beer:

crazycarlo

Established Member
thanks man,
this will be my first time porting anything and like you suggested somewhere else Im going to practice first on the plenum. Ill be running a 2.76 upper and stock lower. Also I plan on using the design you put up in your post but I in no means am going to try to pass it off as my own. I will tell people I tried to copy your design. I cant wait man.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
These Posi porting threads have been combined to consoladate the information to facilitate access to this awesome informative post and are now available in the FAQ/Hot Links sticky, the engine forum and the How to Forum.

BTW the "How to Forum" is not a "help" forum, help threads found there will either be moved or deleted.

BUMP!:rockon::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread