Self ported blower pic's and numbers

RussZTT

Established Member
Yup, I used almost 2 cans of Brake cleaner on the bearings. There were tons of shavings and old grease in them.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Either way just look at your sig and I'd say you did a good job.:rockon:

4 back to back tuning runs no ice no cool down...not too shabby heatsoaked. When cooled she really picks up some power 20+hp &tq to be exact...havent touched the lower intake yet either...thats up next on the porting list when i re-do the blower

dynoandjen001.jpg

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
I figured I'd show you guys what I've been working on the last few days. I decided I wasn't ready to bite the big one and take off my blower yet, but I figured I'd get my feet wet and port my TB first! After about 3 days of work [a few hours per night] I am very satisfied with my little project! Here's a few pics!

Final grinding!
tb1.gif

Beginning stages of polishing.
tb2.gif

Final polish.
tb3.gif

Re-installed back on my Cobra!
tb4.gif

96juicedGT

Established Member
Would love to have my blower ported by you Posi. Been wanting to get in on the GB you and TF have but other things have came up which is just my luck! This could be an alternative! How many of the flapper wheels do we need? Did you just get a box for each part #?

TRUCKINKID

Established Member
I am working on a home port and I need major help! I was cleaning off the rotors with break clean and the coding started to peel off. The rotors looked new when I started. Did I destroy my rotors? What should I use to clean them from debris? Thanks!

DSC01911.jpg

RussZTT

Established Member
I am working on a home port and I need major help! I was cleaning off the rotors with break clean and the coding started to peel off. The rotors looked new when I started. Did I destroy my rotors? What should I use to clean them from debris? Thanks!

DSC01911.jpg
I've heard of a few people stripping the coating off the rotors but don't know for a fact what the effects are. You shouldn't need to actually clean them but just blow them off with compressed air. Personally I wouldn't strip them off.

RussZTT

Established Member
Damn I really wish I would of got a lower pulley. Only have 12psi sucks with a 2.76. :bash:

TRUCKINKID

Established Member
Some pics of what I have been working on. By the way I bought my car 11 days ago.:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

DSC01897.jpg

DSC01893.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01894.jpg

lee4him

Established Member
Well, I went ahead and took a shot at my own home port and am not sure if I went to far on the small opening closest to the inlet. Didn't notice how far off I was until it was too late. Maybe its okay but was hoping one of you seasoned vets could clue me in on whether all is good or not. Thanks

33ohdmd.jpg

Notice how I stretched it to the right by about a 3/16 of an inch or so. Do I need to even the left out as well?

aa7ner.jpg

2bek36.jpg

zjgj2b.jpg

35lya75.jpg

4sz8ed.jpg

amqzw7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'd just leave it and not worry. You'd be surprised at how far these things are out let alone ones I've worked on to upgrade. Nobody has complained yet and they were waaaayyy out lol.

Port looks good too. You doing any inlet work?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'll add this because I've never thought about posting it. I just talked to a guy on the phone earlier;-) and you all have to make sure you're breaking all your burrs inside the case from cutting that outlet. I've done it once and will never do it again but it's avoided my Brain til just now to post it. If you don't break the burrs then the Rotor tip will hit it and create on annoying ticking sound when the blower is back on the car. So get a piece of sandpaper, flapper wheel, or even a piece of ScotchBrite and really round those corners off some.

Other than that everything I've learned is still in this thread.:thumbsup: Just gotta read it to understand all of it lol.

This thread has had 25,000+ views and was started in 2007!:rockon:

lee4him

Established Member
I plan on doing inlet work tomorrow/Saturday. Had take a little break because I just built/moved into a new house and I really got the neighbors talking after 2+ hours of the 1/4" grinder screaming. Oh well, they better not mind a gear head ;)

Users who are viewing this thread