Self ported blower pic's and numbers

mach1gsxr

Established Member
Im working on my plenum now. I have already removed the iac bosses and the one small indent in it. I think because of the size of the plenum it will probably be the hardest part to do. It's hard to get to the middle of it and work on the large indent.

fastgt110

Established Member
Nice job on the port but do you have a flow bench to verify the work you did is going to increase your horsepower rather then hurt it. You really need some kind of a baseline to work against when porting in my opinion but then again I'm no expert :shrug:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
True, normally you don't. But occasionally you do. I was one of those exceptions because when I installed my ported blowe I went about a half a point lean. It's always a smart idea to check your A/F after any motor mod just to be safe.

Mine also went lean after the port.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Nice job on the port but do you have a flow bench to verify the work you did is going to increase your horsepower rather then hurt it. You really need some kind of a baseline to work against when porting in my opinion but then again I'm no expert :shrug:

My flowbench is the dyno! Plus that's why I did it for free. I did a simple port on my blower that's on my car now. I did everything that's in these pic's except for cutting the bottom of the case and the outside of the intercooler bolt holes. My car made 496/555 with it. So I'd say it worked fairly well. I'm trying to get anyone that's ported one of these to chime in and tell what they did or post pictures. My goal is for us doing it on our own to be able to have pictures to look at so they/we have something to go off of from now on:rockon:. I'm pretty much going out on a limb here but I honestly think that blower is going to make some power and pretty damn efficiently at that. Hell I won't even be running an Eaton in another couple of weeks and still want this thread to grow:beer:! When it's all said and done we all know what a ported blower pretty much puts out with x pullies. So why do we need baseline really:shrug:? It's what matters in the end that counts. Oh and Strats03svt is putting the blower back on with the same pullies that it had. I told Strat03svt that if I messed up his blower he could have the one off of my car for free:thumbsup:.

Posi:-D

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
One more thing if this didn't work then I'll probably try another one for free again. I really hope not though.:lol:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey Brian, I just noticed the mileage in your signature. Good Lord! Only 4,200 miles. You don't drive it very often do you? You do you resist?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Good thread Brian! Thanks for sharing the info and looking forward to those dyno numbers :thumbsup:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
That is some monster torque bud!

-Jeff

Ditto! Wow! 555!

Thanks guys.

Hey Brian, I just noticed the mileage in your signature. Good Lord! Only 4,200 miles. You don't drive it very often do you? You do you resist?

My goal is to drive it 2,000 miles per year. Flame me but that's all I want to drive it. Last year was only like 700 though. I've lost enough money on Mustangs to pay for a house. Hopefully if I keep the miles way down it'll hold its value a little better.

Nice numbers! Can you post a copy of the dyno sheet with the a/f on it?

I don't know how to do that but pm me a fax number and I'll send them to you. Or I guess I could take a picture of the sheet and then post that. I'll try after Christmas.:beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Here's the dyno picture that I have with the Ported Eaton that's on my car now. This blower did not get the Case cut on the bottom nor the Intercooler bolt stock removed. Everything else is pretty much the same. Before anyone asks yes the a/f was smoothened out some more. The timing is at 21*. Look how fast the torque builds up to 500.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Oh and this is what I have to use also and don't need to on a port. So it's the same as you guys.

assorted012.jpg

assorted011.jpg

:rockon:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thanks^^. Keep in mind that is from the one that's on my car now. Not the one in the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread