See if you can diagnose this...

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I filled my car up with gas today (93 octane as usual) and drove about 50 miles. Most was on the highway and the car seemed to be fine on the way to my destination, but down on power when I was merging. On the way back at an intersection when I was starting off, the car was jerking as it accelerated. It seemed to be misfiring and was acting very weird. I had to merge on the highway again but never got near the boost... car was smoother at 2k+ rpms (never took it above 3k though). At idle it was the worst, but when I went to make this vid, it barely did it. Car has 37k miles on it, always use Mobil 1 full synthetic, and changed the plugs less than 5k miles ago with TR6s gapped at .035.

Here's the vid... the first little misfire is right before it turns to 9 seconds and then it continues randomly (it happens a lot in the last 10 seconds). You can also hear it hesitate when I give it a little throttle. I've searched and come up with everything from a fuel pressure sensor to a coil. Any ideas? It isn't throwing the CE light. (please ignore the cracked bumper... f*cking woman drivers).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21xtoa4C73I"]YouTube- '04 Cobra Misfire[/ame]

Last edited:

nate71velly

Slow for now
Established Member
I would say re-check all your plug gaps and than re-due all your connections to the coils. Make sure they are all on tight. May not be it but could help in the process of elimination.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
It could possibly be bad fuel. I had something similar happen to my car and it turned out to be bad fuel.

Paulinator

Established Member
ohm out all of the coils they all should be even.

that sounds like water in the fuel.

drain the tank and push fresh fuel in it. easiest way it undo the line running to the fuel filter and turn the pump on by cycling the key.. this will take a while but its easier than dropping the tank

NERDKILLER

Established Member
I have been looking for ever of the answer to this My car starting to do it at 70000 K.changed the coils plugs mass air.lots of cobrs do it.I would love to know so I could have a normal cobra,

Bullitt4859

Established Member
My dad had the same problem in his suburban traveling on I10 to Winter Haven. There must have been a bad shipment of gasoline in Tallahassee as that is where he stop to refuel and little bit later on had engine problems

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
My DD S-10 had the same problem recently. Mis-firing and throwing the SES light on. I put Shell gas in it and now it runs fine. I'd try getting some new gas first.

JMD0346

Established Member
If all you did was add fuel I dont see how it could be anything more than that. I bet you got some bad gas. Like mentioned. Drain that sucker and put a few gallons of fresh in it.

However stranger things have hapened so it could be something else. Id start with fuel though imo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread