Secret Ford warranty program help

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
I remember reading a post by a member where the shop who dynoed his car messed it up, he took it to the dealer because he had heard of a little known Ford warranty help that could be used, but you had to be the original buyer, which he was not. I can't find the post to see what the program was called, so if anyone has an idea, I'd appreciate it.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
No, it's a gray program which means it is not publicly advertised. There is a post where one of the members motor got ruined and he went to the tuner,so on, but he found out about these gray programs, went to a local dealer, they confirmed it, started to use it when he found out that one of the stipulations is that you have to be the original owner of the vehicle. It had a special name for the program, and that's what I'm looking for.

Don't H8

Established Member
i forget the name of the program, but ford does have goodwill program/service where you pay a fraction of the cost of the repair. its not free, but you pay significantly less than the cost. did this once when one of my wife's previous cars had a transmission go out...the car was 5k out of warranty. IIRC it cost me @$150-200 to have a new one put in, but don't qoute me on it as it was 6 years ago.

50 Proof

Established Member
I remember reading a post by a member where the shop who dynoed his car messed it up, he took it to the dealer because he had heard of a little known Ford warranty help that could be used, but you had to be the original buyer, which he was not. I can't find the post to see what the program was called, so if anyone has an idea, I'd appreciate it.

is this what you're looking for?

http://www.lemonaidcars.com/secretwarranties.html

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
I think you are referring to something called an "After Warranty Adjustment"...also called an "AWA" repair.

Even if you are out of your factory warranty, a Ford dealer can initiate a process through which you split the cost of a repair with the dealer. Actually, you...Ford...and the dealer will ultimately split the cost. These repairs are at the discretion of the dealer.

From what I have read from Ford techs, these types of repairs are generally only given to good customers. By that I mean customers who not only purchased their vehicle from the dealer, but they brought the vehicle back to the dealer for service. The way it was explained to me is this... If you were good to the dealer, they will be good to you. So just because you are the original owner, it doesn't mean that a dealer will help you out.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
I'm looking for the post right now. I can't think of the OP's name but the problem he had is the dyno operator made a 6th gear pull and blew his motor.

Users who are viewing this thread