Second gear synchro

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
A buddy just bought a 99 Cobra from a guy in Atlanta who didn't mention the lazy second gear synchro... :cuss: 45000 miles and the second gear synchro is already worn out. Can you say POWERSHIFTED into oblivion?

Can anybody tell me how difficult it is to replace a synchro on a T45? I've done it before on a F4W71B Datsun transmission so I kinda have an idea, but I was wondering if there were any special tools involved with the T45. Thanks for the input, and please let me know if you know of a T45 that is available at a reasonable cost...

NXSVTCOBRA

might wanna check the input shaft as well, there may be a possibility that its slightly twisted, but the transmissions parts for the T45 are relatively cheap compared to the T56 and the 3650, im not sure about speacial tools that are required

UGAcobra

Established Member
CarpetCityCobra said:
Didn't know that. So I guess this is normal eh...

Rather Normal, I don't think mine made it that far...

Try posting up on the Atlanta and Chattanooga sections of www.streetcarforums.com , there are a bunch of guys on there who can tell you how to do it and/or where a spare tranny may be laying around. Plus, it will be somewhat close to you...

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Roger that UGACobra, I'll see what I can dig up. The car is in Asheville NC however. Thanks everyone for the information.

Users who are viewing this thread