Sebring Oct 2013 NASA HPDE 1

NGO

Established Member
Finally got some time to upload videos from my second OT weekend at Sebring...

This a clip following my buddy in his 2006 GT with all the handling goodies. This is earlier in the second day and I had never seen my IAT2 temps and coolant temps running so high so I followed him around this session. I tried his alternate line coming out of 10 but I really didn't like it.

'03 Mustang Cobra At Sebring Oct 2013 - YouTube

This is a clip of me letting my buddy go by running in HPDE 2 with his supercharged CTS-V on slicks. It was the last session of the day, I was hot, the car was hot, no pads left... later in the session I boiled my brakes. No more HPS pads at track events for me... Learned a lot my second weekend open tracking!

'03 Cobra NASA Sebring 2013 - YouTube

wheelhopper

Established Member
Ahhhh, I remember the days of driving around my '03 Cobra on the track. The wonderful blower whine singing a sweet tune.

Time to start using some good fluid, install some brake ducts and get more track oriented pads.

NGO

Established Member
There is one clip where you can hear me yelling "Yee haaw" coming under the bridge to turn 1, that blower was twisting. I tried to keep my shift points under 5500 but that one time, I had a good run off of 17 so she hit 6000 going into 1.

Brake ducts, HPS+ and a de-tune are in the plans for 2014. I had new ATE Super Blue in this last time out. My instructor says I spend too much time coasting so I am going to need more bight and a more robust pad. Advice is always appreciated.

For anybody thinking about Open Tracking, do what everybody else says and read the sticky. Bottom line, brakes are your number one priority (besides safety).

Users who are viewing this thread