Seats Suede Care

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
What should I use on the suede to protect and clean it. I love how it looks and feels the only problem I see is keeping it clean might suck.

Silver 03 Cobra

Over time the suede texter will smooth out, darken and the grain will lie down giving the seat a dirty appearance. It made me paranoid as heck with my 01. I knew I never got in the seats dirty. They even look worse on verts with the top down in the sun. I ran into a dude that just got his 01 vert and he was really looking at my seats and I told him what would happen over time. I was afraid that when I had it up for sale a potential buyer may pass it over because of this.

I was at the SVTCObraClub cruise in in Gastnonia the past Saturday and most of the 01's had the same appearance. I would like the seats to have then same boarder material covering the whole seat. Makes spills a lot easier to clean also.

El Culebra

Established Member
I heard thats real suede in that case I don't think it's wise to follow the Alcantara method!

I am going to research this suede cleaning method, I got the info from a fellow engineer at SVT.

fangstang

Established Member
Try asking some of the Audi S4 people, there cars are avaliable with the alcantra middle, they may have some tips.

YellowSnake

Established Member
It's easy to keep the seats clean... just follow these simple rules.

1) No smoking in the Cobra :nono:
2) No eating/drinking in the Cobra :nono:
3) If your sweaty or your clothes ain't clean, you don't sit in the Cobra without a towel under your ass :nono:
4) Last but most important... No kids,pets, or people who don't have respect for even their stuff in the Cobra :nono:

As far as the nap of the material - I use a brush to keep the nap from lying down. I do it everytime I vacume the car. Seats still look new - hope to keep it that way.

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by El Culebra
I heard thats real suede in that case I don't think it's wise to follow the Alcantara method!

They're right, its not real...its Alcantara...same stuff used on late-model Lightnings seats & console...Ford calls it "Preferred Suede"

I've seen a lot of satisfied Lightning owners with neoprene seat covers from Wet Okole....They'll embroider the Cobra (or Lightning or SVT or whatever....) emblem on them too.

http://www.wetokole.com/

:coolman:

Last edited:

silvercoffin

Established Member

When mine start looking bad I am going to put some cobra racing seats in. Then I can actually fit in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread